Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear stowage compartment in roof adrift

D

DavidHilton

The small screw that should locate the front driver's side of our rear roof storage compartment has come adrift so the storage box is sagging on that side and impossible to close properly.
I cannot see how to dismantle the unit to gain access to the screw so as to do it up. The first step seems to be removing the speakers but I can't even see how to do that!
Any clues out there?

Mine done that too, I didn’t need to dismantle it to fix it though.
I think I had it in the open position and climbed in the back and you can see up in where the cogs are and just screw it back.

The small screw that should locate the front driver's side of our rear roof storage compartment has come adrift so the storage box is sagging on that side and impossible to close properly.
I cannot see how to dismantle the unit to gain access to the screw so as to do it up. The first step seems to be removing the speakers but I can't even see how to do that!
Any clues out there?
The speakers are stuck in with double sided tape just work a flat blade under the edge. Put some locktight on the screw when you refit it. I had to remove the whole drop down shelf to fix mine.

The speakers are stuck in with double sided tape just work a flat blade under the edge. Put some locktight on the screw when you refit it. I had to remove the whole drop down shelf to fix mine.

Mission accomplished!
Thanks for the tips.

Back