Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Vents - T6 Ocean 2018

N

Nigel Whitwood

Guest User
Hi,

On a recent trip where I rarely had a couple of passengers, they closed all the rear vents after which they could not be re-opened. I've seen a post from a few years ago about this problem with no resolution so I thought I'd investigate further. The vents pop out quite easily with use of a credit card and now that I've taken a look I cannot see how they could ever work as intended, (unless I'm missing something of course). I've posted a photograph of the mechanism showing the cam that closes the inner flaps. As can be seen the cam is not symmetrical so works differently depending on the direction turned.. If turned fully anticlockwise to the solid dot then it will always jam and cannot be reopened however much force is applied. If on the other hand it is turned fully clockwise the slightly different angle and shorter travel means that it can be re-opened.

Surely I cant be the only person who has had this problem? Is this a design flaw ?

Vent.jpg

Nothing to add, but following as I travel with dogs in the back and want to know they are getting enough air supply...

Have a look at post 9 .......

I use liberal amounts of silicon spray to keep mine loose but as above I’ve broken one on the dash so am very cautious when using the vents.

Back