Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear view camera.

Monty6

Monty6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Does anyone know if the camera works when a tow bar wiring is plugged in, please. On my Passat, the parking sensors do not work when tow bar is plugged in - used for a bike rack. (Ocean built and on its way to dealer.) thanks..

Does anyone know if the camera works when a tow bar wiring is plugged in, please. On my Passat, the parking sensors do not work when tow bar is plugged in - used for a bike rack. (Ocean built and on its way to dealer.) thanks..
On my 2014 T5 with VW towbar, when I plug my towbar bike rack on, the Reversing Sensors Switch Off but the Reversing Camera still works.

However, some Forum Members with a T6 have said that both Sensors and Camera are switched off.

Was a bit worried that that would be the case...

It might be something that can be adjusted using the VW Computer system by your Dealer.

Go a T6 with a removable tow bar. So far only stuck the tow bar and bike rack on to test and fit the bikes. Didn't think about the reversing camera so will have a look next time and let you know.

Mike

T6 sensors off, camera still on.
I recently made a mistake as I'd switched ignition off and display showed a grey/ghost trailer which I thought was normal but since checked and definitely - sensors off and camera and front sensors normal.

I even checked if having a 13 to 7 pin adapter only had any effect and there was none. (my previous BMW sensed it but it had an electric folding towbar, wouldn't fold until adapter unplugged)

Go a T6 with a removable tow bar. So far only stuck the tow bar and bike rack on to test and fit the bikes. Didn't think about the reversing camera so will have a look next time and let you know.

Mike
Mike,
Has the Carista any selections relating to the Reversing Sensors or Reversing Camera on the T6 version?

Mike,
Has the Carista any selections relating to the Reversing Sensors or Reversing Camera on the T6 version?
Almost certain is hasn't. I checked it out today following an upgrade to the Beta version and cannot recall seeing that option. Will try again soon to make sure and report back.

Mike

On my 2014 T5 with VW towbar, when I plug my towbar bike rack on, the Reversing Sensors Switch Off but the Reversing Camera still works.

However, some Forum Members with a T6 have said that both Sensors and Camera are switched off.
Can confirm with a T6 with a factory fitted removable towbar that when you plug in the electrics for the tow bar rack the screen graphic shows you have a trailer, the camera works, the front sensors work and the reversing sensors switch off. In other words all works as it should.

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks folks. Reassured by your postings.

Hi just a quick question. I've had my T6 Beach for a couple of months now and I've recently noticed that when I'm in reverse the camera is showing the number plate. Is this normal due to the fisheye lens or does it need adjusting?

Hi just a quick question. I've had my T6 Beach for a couple of months now and I've recently noticed that when I'm in reverse the camera is showing the number plate. Is this normal due to the fisheye lens or does it need adjusting?
Mine does the same. I assume it's adjusted like that so you can be confident where the back of the vehicle is.

Mine does the same. I assume it's adjusted like that so you can be confident where the back of the vehicle is.
Normal and very helpful if towing something to aid the hitching up.