Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear window wiper not working - ? Fuse

Detritus

Detritus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,

I noticed on the way home tonight that my rear window wiper isn't working - it's stuck in the vertical position and won't move, even when to squirt the washer. I assumed a fuse must have gone but when trying to work out which fuse it is have been flummoxed by the fuse box! From looking in the guide in the download section I think it is Fuse 25 in holder C - but I can't see which one that is? The guide says it should be a 10 amp fuse - I've checked the two small ones up the top and they are fine. I can see there is a standard size 10amp fuse down the bottom and I assume it's that one - however as simply cannot get my hand to it with the little fuse pullers to get it out and check.

Can anyone give me any guidance please on which fuse it is and if it is the one right down the bottom then how on earth I can get it out to check?

Thanks,

Jez

IMG_1236.JPG

It's hard to even get a decent photo! I think it's the red one you can just make out right down the bottom! How on earth do I get to it to check - or tell if that is Fuse 25?

IMG_1237.JPG

Spookily I was just downloading the fuse layouts from the technical section as my knowledge needs improving.
Don't listen to me as far as electrics but here is a screenshot and it seems to confirm it is as being red and 10amp
ea2d9c258a073186ac6545fc6295592f.png

Don't know why but struggling to link you to it but it's in downloads.

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. How do I tell if that is Fuse 25 right down the bottom and how on earth do I get to it?

Thanks Mike. How do I tell if that is Fuse 25 right down the bottom and how on earth do I get to it?
If you have the Fuse Download from the VIP Download section.
Page 15 shows the description for each Fuse. However, on Page 13 it shows the layout. Numbering from Top Left is Fuse 1 numbering Down L side , up from Middle bottom. And then down R side.
Bottom Middle is Fuse 23. So 2 up is Fuse 25, and that is a red 10 amp.
You may have to remove the lower trim to gain easy access.

Sorry don't know. Will have a look at mine tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks both for your help, really appreciate it! I'll give it a crack this evening and try not to break the trim

Hi Jez,

I am having same issue on my T6 Ocean ... Can you confirm if replacing the fuse solved the issue ? And how did you reach it ? Is this fuse box behind the central bottle holder ?

Thx

Bart

Hi Jez,

I am having same issue on my T6 Ocean ... Can you confirm if replacing the fuse solved the issue ? And how did you reach it ? Is this fuse box behind the central bottle holder ?

Thx

Bart

Patent held by @Loz

Cup holder fuses

97ac3c03d4b87ceac5e23583e19473c4.png

Bottom middle

Mike

Last edited:
Hi Bart,

Yes replacing the fuse fixed it - but reaching it was a real bugger! Involved lots of swearing and trying to squeeze fingers into gaps. Really need some kind of right angled pliers to do it if such a thing exists - I managed it in the end with my fingers but it took ages and the air was very blue!!!

Good luck - and if you work out an easy way to get the fuses in and out then please let us know

Yep

Thanks to this thread and the scheme from @Loz, I managed to get the rear wiper working again.

Getting the fuse out was hardest part, but I used a small angled plyer, and getting a new in was not very hard to reach. But maybe I have small hands ...

Thanks all !

Reactions: Loz