Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recall T6 Ocean 2016

calimera

calimera

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Took our T6 Cali in to get our sliding table replaced under warranty today at VW dealer table number 3.
1st table had no leg when we picked it (brand new),2nd table trim came off.

Told a recall for our model needed doing. Something about emission , pressure sensor for emission ,fuse & battery not being charged correctly. I think !!!! Will take an hour & we've have the parts. We agreed for them to do the work.

Just about to leave thinking job done , when technician said actually there was a third part to recall , noticed when doing write up. No part available ,has been ordered ,could we bring it back Wednesday. Not happy bunnies.

Apparently recall from 7 th April 2017 on our model.

Last edited:
Took our T6 Cali in to get our sliding table replaced under warranty today at VW dealer table number 3.
1st table had no leg when we picked it (brand new),2nd table trim came off.

Told a recall for our model needed doing. Something about emission , pressure sensor for emission ,fuse & battery not being charged correctly. I think !!!! Will take an hour & we've have the parts. We agreed for them to do the work.

Just about to leave, when technician said actually there was a third part to recall , noticed when doing write up. No part available ,has been ordered ,could we bring it back Wednesday. Not happy bunnies.

Apparently recall from 7 th April on our model.
Gosh! Sounds interesting. April '16?

Ours is going in on Thursday for this recall. I had an engine management warning light come on while I was in France a couple of weeks ago and when I took it in the fault code was a faulty swirl flap. According to the tech, this is also related to the recall and he reckons the new part coming is the third iteration of the inlet manifold he's seen yet in trying to correct this swirl flap issue on T6. He said when he heard that swirl flaps had been used on T6 it was a real facepalm moment ...

Touareg owners here will be well familiar!

I assume this will apply to Beaches too? Does it affect all engines?

My T6 Beach 150 DSG had it's first annual service yesterday at JCT600 York. They rang me to say that there were some 'Product Enhancements' to be done & it'd take a bit longer than the quoted 2.5 hours.

I forgot to ask what they'd done, but a fuel pipe was mentioned - I'll ask them what was involved.

My guy came back to me today - '65 plate T6 150 DSG:

"With regards the product enhancement, it consisted of a software update to both the gearbox and engine software as well as the replacement of a pressure sensor in the turbo system and a replacement fuel supply hose. There is also a check to ensure the correct fuse is fitted to the secondary battery system."

My guy came back to me today - '65 plate T6 150 DSG:

"With regards the product enhancement, it consisted of a software update to both the gearbox and engine software as well as the replacement of a pressure sensor in the turbo system and a replacement fuel supply hose. There is also a check to ensure the correct fuse is fitted to the secondary battery system."
Pretty big " Product Enhacement ".:eek:

Travelling in Spain with our 12 month old T6 Ocean. Engine management light comes on/ fault in catalytic converter, and stays on. Not blinking. Took it in to VW dealer in Albacete who did computer diagnostic. Said it would need a complete diagnostic which they could not book in for several days. So now booked in to VW dealer in Cartagena for Monday. They say diagnostic will take all day. If parts needed they say could take several days to fix. Has anyone had this problem and can you share any experience with it? Cartagena may be very interesting but we don't want to be here for the rest of our trip!

Just about to leave thinking job done , when technician said actually there was a third part to recall , noticed when doing write up.
Those clowns can't do my inspection service that blinks over 2,5km now. They state that can't do anything without doing the recall thing at the same time. And can't do the recall thing because also missing some parts or something.
So I've driven 3 times to a local dealer already each time booking new term due to they need more time "over 4 hours" missing parts or don't know what should be done.

Travelling in Spain with our 12 month old T6 Ocean. Engine management light comes on/ fault in catalytic converter, and stays on. Not blinking. Took it in to VW dealer in Albacete who did computer diagnostic. Said it would need a complete diagnostic which they could not book in for several days. So now booked in to VW dealer in Cartagena for Monday. They say diagnostic will take all day. If parts needed they say could take several days to fix. Has anyone had this problem and can you share any experience with it? Cartagena may be very interesting but we don't want to be here for the rest of our trip!

Hi there,
Read my post, three or four up from yours. I had the engine management light come on and after inspection it needed new inlet manifold with a modified stepper motor coupler for the swirl flaps (which was a known 'product enhancement', apparently).

Anyway, if you get a chance before Monday you could always have a go at the old fashioned blat-down-the-motorway-for-20mins - this might do the trick if you've been pootling around for a while and it's just a slightly clogged DPF ...? Meh, probably not that but maybe worth a go ...?

With only weeks to collection this stuff is worrying..... Do you guys generally get a courtesy vehicle when they take them in for hours at a time?

Further to my post above, the fault was the DPF filter sensor. This was replaced along with the fuel line and data upgrade as per the "product enhancement". Delayed our travels by four days in Spain waiting for repair slot in VW workshop, and then parts. Actually not a great problem for us, as we were in a nice place. But SO IRRITATING that VW could have notified us that the work should be done BEFORE we set off! As soon as the dealer enters the vehicle number on their system the product campaign work required shows up. Strongly recommend you ask your dealer to check if any campaign notices apply to your vehicle before you set off on a big trip. If you don't, and you get this problem, you might save a day by persuading the dealer to order the required parts before they have the van for a day running their tests! By the way, thanks for the suggestion to give the engine a blast to try and clear the problem.....this doesn't work.

Further to my post above, the fault was the DPF filter sensor. This was replaced along with the fuel line and data upgrade as per the "product enhancement". Delayed our travels by four days in Spain waiting for repair slot in VW workshop, and then parts. Actually not a great problem for us, as we were in a nice place. But SO IRRITATING that VW could have notified us that the work should be done BEFORE we set off! As soon as the dealer enters the vehicle number on their system the product campaign work required shows up. Strongly recommend you ask your dealer to check if any campaign notices apply to your vehicle before you set off on a big trip. If you don't, and you get this problem, you might save a day by persuading the dealer to order the required parts before they have the van for a day running their tests! By the way, thanks for the suggestion to give the engine a blast to try and clear the problem.....this doesn't work.
Alby, couple of things... First Im jealous..... I am going down there in August when I get my Cali... What route did you take and where did you over night?

Might sound stupid but, what about all of the stuff in the Cali when you drop it off at the garage?????

Enjoy....

In answer, both VW dealers we visited in Spain were very professional and we were not concerned leaving all our stuff in the vehicle while it was in their workshop. They released the vehicle by 6pm so we could drive to a campsite and return the next morning. A courtesy car was not offered or requested.

Our route was Plymouth Santander Salamanca Segovis Madrid Albacete Murcia Cartagena Sierra Espuna Grenada Sierra Nevada Cordoba Seville Plasencia Picos. 4.5 weeks.

All sites we stayed in were excellent quality (ACSI book) and Spanish roads seem deserted, well signed and pothole free! A great trip.

Strongly recommend you ask your dealer to check if any campaign notices apply to your vehicle before you set off on a big trip.
Great advice thanks. I have a Feb 2017 Cali and just checked with dealer following your advice. Thankfully all OK. Thanks once again for good advice.

In answer, both VW dealers we visited in Spain were very professional and we were not concerned leaving all our stuff in the vehicle while it was in their workshop. They released the vehicle by 6pm so we could drive to a campsite and return the next morning. A courtesy car was not offered or requested.

Our route was Plymouth Santander Salamanca Segovis Madrid Albacete Murcia Cartagena Sierra Espuna Grenada Sierra Nevada Cordoba Seville Plasencia Picos. 4.5 weeks.

All sites we stayed in were excellent quality (ACSI book) and Spanish roads seem deserted, well signed and pothole free! A great trip.

So glad all fixed & you had a great trip.

Pleased our Cali has had the campaign items done before our trip to Spain in September. AGREE that folks should check if their cali is due this work before heading off to Europe.

We are travelling Plymouth to Roscoff then driving down to Northern Spain.

my t6 beach also suffered a failed dpf sensor which put engine management light on. and yes it was part of a campaign recall but failed before I knew about it. fortunately I wasn't on holiday

Morning All

Important all T6 2016 California owners check if their Cali is due this product enchancement before travelling. The dealers will not get in touch to inform you.

Morning All

Important all T6 2016 California owners check if their Cali is due this product enchancement before travelling. The dealers will not get in touch to inform you.

Thanks, I've just emailed my dealer to see it this affects my California, I'll update here if I get any further news.

..me..

UPDATE emal from dealer:
"I have spoken to the service team and there is an update/recall on your vehicle. From what I can ascertain we would need the vehicle for around two days to check and update"

If I can find more information I will post it.

Last edited:
"Teejay1, post: 221652, member: 11346"]Thanks, I've just emailed my dealer to see it this affects my California, I'll update here if I get any further news.

..me..

UPDATE emal from dealer:
"I have spoken to the service team and there is an update/recall on your vehicle. From what I can ascertain we would need the vehicle for around two days to check and update"

If I can find more information I will post it.

See Hirsty post in page 1 for info on update.

I rang the service centre gave them my registration and asked what the recall was for. I was told that the only thing is coming up on their system was a emissions update. I specifically asked about parts etc. She told me no, just the emissions update should take and hour or so.

..me..

I have a couple of niggles and a paint issue so have booked mine in for a warranty check, I raised the prospect of the updates, and was told there were a couple of quality improvement required, so now booked in for two days with a courtesy vehicle.
Going to Birmingham as in the same dealer chain as Preston, but half the distance for me to travel.
Good news that it will be done before it French expedition.

My T6 204ps was built 20/06/2017 being concerned I checked with my service dealer and they informed my vehicle has no recalls or needing any work , not taking there word for it I called my case mamager who dealt with my tow bar wiring problem and who had just informed me VW would pay for the mud flaps and tow bar to be fitted FOC a good result , so he was keen to keep me happy , he confirmed my vehicle did not need any recalls it does seem he was unable to confirm these problems had been addressed during the build I find that in this day it should be recorded vin numbers 1-? need to be recalled to be honest I think no such information is recorded and they just only do the ones that throw up a problem. I kept a copy of our conversation and like the last post from Calimera I have checked and with 200 miles I am off traveling soon and been told I need nothing checked :(

Back