Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reclining the bed from the inside?

t6.1

t6.1

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Is there a knack to recline the 6.1 lower bed from inside the van so it’s reclined instead of a flat bed? The Cali Chris video shows him doing it from outside the van. Which is not what I wasn’t to do in the middle of the night (I have a baby so there are reasons for me wanting to change the incline in the night but even without a baby it seems like it would be preferable to do from inside!)

I can get it up (one hand on the strap and one bracing / taking the weight / leveraging, if you get me). But then I’d need a third hand to get it to catch on a ratchet as I need to let go of the strap but keep hold of the bed?

Hope that makes sense. (Quite tired due to aforementioned sleep thief)

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

Happy days.
Once I have the sofa laid flat and in position I am able to crawl along on my knees, fumble for the strap, and then pull.

The pulling Action releases ratchet and lift the board, once it is up a little I use my left hand and pull a bit further. When it’s correctly position I let go of the strap and it locks in place.

To let it back down I pull the strap and let it lower. That’s my experience s as a strapping 6’4” bloke, without a baby, anyway

Beat of luck with the sleep thief, they’re magical times, even though they don’t always feel it at the time.

Agree, get the bed set up and flat then fumble for the strap and pull it through to the top.

Once you have the strap, you can pull up the board using the strap and it clicks along the ratchet as you raise it.

Get it to a bit higher than you want it, then hold the board with your free hand and let go of the strap.

Lower the board until the ratchet engages on both sides.

Trying to raise and lower just using the strap can cause the ratchet to slip and fail to engage.

Is there a knack to recline the 6.1 lower bed from inside the van so it’s reclined instead of a flat bed? The Cali Chris video shows him doing it from outside the van. Which is not what I wasn’t to do in the middle of the night (I have a baby so there are reasons for me wanting to change the incline in the night but even without a baby it seems like it would be preferable to do from inside!)

I can get it up (one hand on the strap and one bracing / taking the weight / leveraging, if you get me). But then I’d need a third hand to get it to catch on a ratchet as I need to let go of the strap but keep hold of the bed?

Hope that makes sense. (Quite tired due to aforementioned sleep thief)

Thanks to anyone who can help!!
Hi. I came up with the following solution as no one wants to go outside in the rain in the morning to get the back up for lazy morning lie ins

Add a 20 mm red Velcro strap around the roller bearing about the same length as the black strap. This roller bearing slides out downwards to get the loop onto it. So keep both straps in hand black one releases the ratchet pull up to right point then release black but keep in place by holding red strap.

Job done about £2.50 cost

I have a copyrighted idea to keep the sea to summit mattress in place as the back is raised. It’s a single duvet cover with an added hood that goes over the rear rising panel. Stops the forward slip of the mattered

Happy days.
Once I have the sofa laid flat and in position I am able to crawl along on my knees, fumble for the strap, and then pull.

The pulling Action releases ratchet and lift the board, once it is up a little I use my left hand and pull a bit further. When it’s correctly position I let go of the strap and it locks in place.

To let it back down I pull the strap and let it lower. That’s my experience s as a strapping 6’4” bloke, without a baby, anyway

Beat of luck with the sleep thief, they’re magical times, even though they don’t always feel it at the time.
Thank you! I can get it up but my problem is I’m using my other hand to push against the van… if I let go with that hand the strap pulls me back and the board goes back down I’m not weak but I’m not a strapping tall bloke so maybe that’s what I need to work on

Agree, get the bed set up and flat then fumble for the strap and pull it through to the top.

Once you have the strap, you can pull up the board using the strap and it clicks along the ratchet as you raise it.

Get it to a bit higher than you want it, then hold the board with your free hand and let go of the strap.

Lower the board until the ratchet engages on both sides.

Trying to raise and lower just using the strap can cause the ratchet to slip and fail to engage.
Thank you. I don’t have a free hand! I need my other hand to push against the van. Maybe I need to go to the gym

Hi. I came up with the following solution as no one wants to go outside in the rain in the morning to get the back up for lazy morning lie ins

Add a 20 mm red Velcro strap around the roller bearing about the same length as the black strap. This roller bearing slides out downwards to get the loop onto it. So keep both straps in hand black one releases the ratchet pull up to right point then release black but keep in place by holding red strap.

Job done about £2.50 cost
Oooooh savvy! I had to read it about 10 times but I think I get you! Brilliant. Will try it thanks so much.

Ah, amazing, love the cake. We are actually boring old indium grey.. husband stole a stock photo when we were in the lonnnnng wait for the van

Oooooh savvy! I had to read it about 10 times but I think I get you! Brilliant. Will try it thanks so much.

Ah, amazing, love the cake. We are actually boring old indium grey.. husband stole a stock photo when we were in the lonnnnng wait for the van
Great try it as it’s a cheap answer to the problem that even I (strapping fit male) had a problem with. My final improvement is to place a link between the two straps to make the change of pull from one strap to the other even easier Are you going to bus fest ? We are.

Great try it as it’s a cheap answer to the problem that even I (strapping fit male) had a problem with. My final improvement is to place a link between the two straps to make the change of pull from one strap to the other even easier Are you going to bus fest ? We are.
Can’t wait to try it out! Thanks!

We’re not.. it has passed me by. Looks fun though. Maybe when the littles are bigger.

Back