Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommend a site for July, Cote d’Azur Please

Kenb17

Kenb17

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,
We are meeting up with our daughter and family on Cote d’Azur In July for a week.
Any suggestions welcome, we are looking for a site fairly close to the sea with swimming pool etc. So a 7 and 5 year old can be amused.

Plan would be for either 2 emplacements or we put the cali and tent on one if the campsite allows.

Thanks
Ken

Cali would be regarded as a car and so no problem with having tent on same pitch unless you want awning space as well. depends on your tent size really. You'd have to work out total footprint required.

If your Daughter is coming by car they would probably have to park it of the pitch area. Either of site or in an on site designated area if they have one.

Getting adjacent pitches during July would need specific requirement prebooking.
Best option would be for a large pitch with a small one adjacent to it for the Cali. Good luck.

Hi,
narrowing down the area... quite flexible but prefer between St Tropez and Hyeres, and always enjoyed Le Lavandou area in the past, further east tends to be a little glitzy for my taste. Prefer to be within 10k of coast and ideas around Lac St-Croix welcome.

Thanks
Ken

We stayed at:
Flower Camping Caravaning Le Fréjus
3401 rue des Combatt. d'Afr.du Nord
83600 Fréjus

It's a holiday park with hundreds of cabins, but has an excellent pool complex, including slides and an indoor heated pool. Camping pitches come with their own tap and washing up sink.

We stayed off season, and didn't particularly like it, but it was cheap at the Camping Card discounted rate of 15 Euros including children.

I expect it would be close to double that price in high season.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

We stayed in Agay last summer. Small town with a beach and restaurants. Train to Nice and Cannes, nice walking area. Camping has no pool but is located on the beach I’d say. Arround 24€/night fro two children and two adults. Makes Italy really expensive in comparison:
We arrived 21/7 and had no problem getting a pitch. There many other campings in that area too as well as people wildcamping by the Ocean.
http://www.agay-soleil.com/

Hi Kenb,

I'm looking at the "Guide du Routard 2017" which is what most French people use. The guide recommends: Camping Manjastre east of Bormes in the hills. Big pool and away from the crowds. But beware of forest fires in the height of Summer.
Around Lac de Sainte-Croix they recommend Camping de l'Aigle at Aiguines; Les Pins and La Source, both at Les Salles-sur-Verdon.
You'll have to check with each campsite if they accept camper vans.

Hi Calicalling,

Thanks I am thinking Manjastre is a good choice, looks our kind of site. Lac de Sainte-Croix is also very beautiful.

Interestingly it looks familiar I think we camped there in 1983 with our one year old daughter, the same one who will join us with her family this summer.

The guide book looks a good idea too for on the way down.

Cheers
Ken

Thanks for the recommendation, this will be our first trip to France with the camper, we had been regularly with a tent many years ago when It would have just been the Michelin camping guide!

Cheers
Ken

Hi Calicalling,

Thanks I am thinking Manjastre is a good choice, looks our kind of site. Lac de Sainte-Croix is also very beautiful.

Interestingly it looks familiar I think we camped there in 1983 with our one year old daughter, the same one who will join us with her family this summer.

The guide book looks a good idea too for on the way down.

Cheers
Ken
If you want to be close to the beach they recommend Sélection Camping at La Croix-Valmer. There is a pool.

Thanks Calicalling

Thanks, that looks a nice site too.
Will need to make a call soon as we want adjacent or a large plot.

Ken

Back