Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommend head unit upgrade

Janno

Janno

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi Guys, can anyone recommend a head unit upgrade ( plug and play would be nice) for my 2008 Cali SE, I would like Bluetooth, dvd, reverse camera, tv and possible navigation, any advise or anyone selling a used unit would be much appreciated......many thanks Janno

I'm ramping to buy.

So far my research has homed in on these two

Alpine INE-W997D Mechless Advanced Navigatio

Alpine INE-W987D Double DIN 7" One Look Display.

I want, built in navy by IGO2, tunnel friendly, iPhone compatible with charging, Apple car play and upgradeable firmware.

I went thru the same dilemma a year or so ago. I opted for a mechless Alpine and use CarPlay for everything.

Janno do you think you'll watch TV or DVDs on the head unit? I thought I would (and have an iPhone mirroring device) but rarely have. Even an 8" unit is small (and you can't watch it if the front seats are swivelled at camp). I use a large tablet on a nice little stand. Ditto DVD as you can always xfer your old content to a tablet and play it back there (without having to carry all the disks) and just download all the new stuff you might want to watch from now on?

Def look at the CarPlay or Android auto units they offer very inexpensive solutions inc nav with so much more dynamic content than a static sat nav.

Back