Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendation for a camp site near fort william

lynne

lynne

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Travelling around the west coast of Scotland and already booked lots of camp sites by looking on here, but can not seem to find any for Fort William or near, can anyone help please

Travelling around the west coast of Scotland and already booked lots of camp sites by looking on here, but can not seem to find any for Fort William or near, can anyone help please

There is a large campsite a half dozen miles from FW up Glen Nevis.
I think it's called Glen Nevis Campsite.
There's quite a good shop and an adjacent bar/food & restaurant.
I seem to remember they charge extra for booking.
The facilities are excellent.

The path up to the top of Ben Nevis starts about 1/4 mile away ;)
Google ukcampsite and take it from there.

I enjoyed Glen Nevis, to book is a little extra but worth it just incase you get there later.

There is a C&CC site near glen coe, next to the National trust centre. Very good but no tv if that is needed due to the mountains.

Bunree Caravan club site. A few miles south is awesome....

Nearer to Oban, North Ledaig Caravan Park is good (when we were there, we had the place to ourselves - not sure what it would be like when full)

One of my favourite areas in the whole world! Enjoy.

Stayed at Ben Nevis site last week, not booked, turned up late, paid in the morning, great site, good food / menu, local produce, with the Nevis range opposite, lovely part of the world. We'll be returning for sure, excellent proximity for a stroll up Ben Nevis (not as fit as i used to be!).