Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendation for portable table

Muchos04

Muchos04

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi all

Any recommendations for the handiest portable table to bring around in the van? Plus four chairs? For two adults and a 4 and 6 year old!

Thanks
Muchos04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Handiest table is the one in the sliding door

When camping I carry an additional table, white plastic with height agustable legs, legs fold under and table folds in half, it is very slim when folded.

Sold at many many places and varying sizes

Last edited:
Many thanks. Mine is a T5 conversion so I don’t have any table in the sliding compartment you suggest. Where did you buy your other one and chairs??

We’ve found the ‘Range’ is a good place to pick up inexpensive items. (It was recommended to us when we were looking too) We bought our small table with hard white plastic top & adjustable metal legs from there a few years ago. Probably similar to what Perfectos mentioned.

Thank you! Also Decathlon anyone ?

Many thanks. Mine is a T5 conversion so I don’t have any table in the sliding compartment you suggest. Where did you buy your other one and chairs??

Mine is very similar to this adjustable height is well worth getting , can’t rem where I bought it

Camping Seats are a really personal choice, and everyone has different criteria.
I have several different types ranging from full length recliner to old style steel frame folding deck chair. As mentioned above the range is good

I have a Kampa Dometic hi-lo camping table which I used in my T4 . Tauntonleisure.com sell them on line for £23.21. Excellent company to deal with.
They also sell camping chairs. Have a look. :thumb

This is really helpful thanks all. I’ll have a look at Harleys for the table. For the chairs if anyone has links to decent ones send them on. I’m preferably looking for fairly compact one so I can minimise the amount of stuff in the Camper.

I have a Kampa Dometic hi-lo camping table which I used in my T4 . Tauntonleisure.com sell them on line for £23.21. Excellent company to deal with.
They also sell camping chairs. Have a look. :thumb

Brilliant thanks. Just saw this now before my earlier reply.

This type of chair packs down to make transporting less of a problem

This is a cloned copy of the original product. Alloy framed ones also available.

This type of chair packs down to make transporting less of a problem

This is a cloned copy of the original product. Alloy framed ones also available.

Thanks a million for these. I was looking for a couple of these bad boys.

Saw this but quite pricey but very handy.
I made my own table. It can sit on the wheel arch trim. The folded comfort mattress can go on top between the multiflex edge and bench seat back, leaving luggage accessible below.

1585828078359.png

The table is long and narrow, and being long and narrow it does flex a bit.

1585828241597.png

It can also sit on top of storage crates to make an extended multiflex.

1585828482309.png

1585828557503.png

Finally, it can rest on top of Muji drawers and crates to make and handy and stable kitchen work area. I don't have a picture of the table with legs folded away being used in this way, but the picture below illustrates the way it works. The crates at the bottom go on top of the Muji drawers and the folded table legs interlock with the crates which have been slightly modified.

1585829134289.png

One table, four uses.

1. Folded mattress support allowing access below.
2. Standalone table.
3. Multiflex extension.
4. Mobile kitchen work surface.

1 & 2 work together; 3 & 4 work together. The pairs work together with one use for transit and the other use for camping.

Last edited:
I made my own table. It can sit on the wheel arch trim. The folded comfort mattress can go on top between the multiflex edge and bench seat back, leaving luggage accessible below.

View attachment 56883

The table is long and narrow, and being long and narrow it does flex a bit.

View attachment 56884

It can also sit on top of storage crates to make an extended multiflex.

View attachment 56885

View attachment 56886

Finally, it can rest on top of Muji drawers and crates to make and handy and stable kitchen work area. I don't have a picture of the table with legs folded away being used in this way, but the picture below illustrates the way it works. The crates at the bottom go on top of the Muji drawers and the folded table legs interlock with the crates which have been slightly modified.

View attachment 56888

One table, four uses.

1. Folded mattress support allowing access below.
2. Standalone table.
3. Multiflex extension.
4. Mobile kitchen work surface.

1 & 2 work together; 3 & 4 work together. The pairs work together with one use for transit and the other use for camping.

Wow that’s some set up! Really impressive!

Hi all

Any recommendations for the handiest portable table to bring around in the van? Plus four chairs? For two adults and a 4 and 6 year old!

Thanks
Muchos04

My default is now Quechua via Decathlon for anything camping - we have the red 4-man table, or the larger 6-man version may suit:

My default is now Quechua via Decathlon for anything camping - we have the red 4-man table, or the larger 6-man version may suit:

Yes Decathlon is very handy for this stuff. Found a couple of good ones on eBay too.

Hi all

Thanks
Muchos04

[/

For me the best option is ‘CaliFamilyTable’ on Calisolar.ch to put on top of the VW one (expensive, but I made one myself with Trespa and it fits under the trunk matress) and I have two Lafuma foldable chairs that fit in the two VW chairs in the boot lid. Comfortably with 4 pp around the table... almost no space lost!

Back