Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

recommendations campsites in France for young kids...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi,
anyone any good recommendations for campsites in France that suit young kids (3yrs)?
Looking for facilities like pools, playgrounds, nearby farm animals, cycle trails (not too hilly), lake swimming/paddling... A good all round destination. The holy grail of camp sites!
Ideally eastern/mid France.
Interested to hear your experiences.

Cheers,
Matt

Camping Du Letty In Benodet, you won’t go wrong

Website shows some good photos

indeed, looks very nice... was thinking atlantic coast the weather is not always predictable though...
but wouldn't be against the idea
Cheers!

Any other suggestions folks? The bar has been set high ;-)

Check out the Huttopia campsites. They have many to choose from in all parts of France. They cater well for families with activities and entertainment, they generally have great facilities too. We’ve stayed at the one on Noirmoutier a number of times and always enjoyed our stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some friends of ours stay at this one each year. Close to beach & has swimming pools etc.;( Lacanau is too busy for me though!):

I have been here twice and its a great site, good spot on a huge lake, cycling on site and from the door, kids activities etc. It's not massive which is great so if the location suits it's hard to beat.

I have been here twice and its a great site, good spot on a huge lake, cycling on site and from the door, kids activities etc. It's not massive which is great so if the location suits it's hard to beat.
We were just looking for somewhere about 4 hours from Calais on the way back from Switzerland. Looks great, thank you for sharing.

Hi if you want the kind of site that has nothing except excellent facilities a pool and a wood fired pizza takeaway. I can highly recommend Camping Domaine Sainte Madeleine at Sospel on the French Italian border in southern France. A place where children learn to entertain themselves.

Thanks for this, I'd book-marked this one last year, but plans changed... Good to hear some feedback about it!
Cheers

Thanks everyone! Some great info here... Going to have a look through over the weekend and see what fits best.

Cheers!

Hi

Ours are 2 and 4. We did Calais to Santander last summer over 3 weeks, down the Atlantic coast mostly.

There are some campsite chains now:
Huttopia: natural themed sites. In woods and stuff.
Yelloh Village: think Centre Parcs. Kids activities, slides, waterparks.

Our learnings:
- moving on regularly with kids that age is a hassle. Takes a full day out of your holiday while one of you packs up and the other watches the kids, then you drive 2-3 hours and again one of you sets up while the other makes sure the kids are not doing anything stupid. This year, we're moving on once a week and doing longer drives (say 5 hours instead of 2-3). We lost too many days last year moving on every 2-4 days

- yelloh village wins. The kids are so happy. There's loads to do. Water slides = happy kids = happy parents. The shower blocks are great esp in the 5 star sites. Think walk in shower where all 4 of you can go in at once and get everyone clean and dressed in one go. Not the natural country vibe we used to go for before kids but after doing one last year we're mostly doing yelloh village sites this year. You can guarantee the cleanliness of pools etc whereas some sites have one little pool full of toddlers (seeing) and guess what the kids get eye infections from the pool. I take the view that chain campsites have systems in place so this doesn't happen
See the Yelloh sites in Loire, Les sables d olonne, Landes labenne (amazing site in pine trees, short cycle path to beach)

- if you make it to northern Spain, check out playa joyel in Noja. It is on a great beach. Ferry back from Bilbao or Santander, expensive but relaxing

San Sebastian is fantastic for a one day trip and the aquarium is good for kids.

- Ile de re is beautiful but in the school holidays the campsites are overpriced and there are loads of restrictions like you must stay Saturday to saturday. Often poor pitches especially for the money. The beaches are no different to the mainland. The villages and harbours are beautiful and the cycling paths are great. On balance - we won't go back in the school holidays - not worth the inflexibility and poor vfm. It would be amazing in may/June I'm sure, and the restaurants looked like they would be great without kids!

Have fun

We stayed at Camping Les Portes du Beaujolais in Anse last summer with our 3yo and 8yo. Good site with nice facilities and a lake not too far away. Also a fifteen minute walk away from the station with direct trains into Lyon.

We returned home via the municipal camping in Amboise. It’s set on an island in the middle of the Loire. Brilliant municipal swimming pool right next door with cheap rates for campers and only ten minutes walk over the bridge into the ancient town centre.

Both highly recommended.

This may be too far north for you but it is a great site for children. We stumbled onto after watching the Tour De France a couple of years ago and we loved it, plenty to keep everyone entertained. Great stop on the way back to Calais.

I would second what @Fred wilson says about Yelloh! Village campsites. We stay with them every year (different sites) and they are always excellent: Well cared for, excellent facilities, brilliant for kids. I would recommend you look at the Yelloh! Village website and see what campsites they have in the areas you are interested in and take it from there. Castels sites are also very good.

Hi, Yelloh! ***** Lou Serrots campsite at Mimizan-Plages has it all. It’s between Arcachon and Biarritz. Check it out on Trip Adv.
Le C.

We enjoyed it here a few years back..

21D193DB-A555-4D13-8824-ED7B07A7A5BE.jpeg