Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations for accessories

Nettie Osman

Nettie Osman

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi, looking forward to some adventures with our recently acquired T4 California. Can anyone recommend the most suitable bike rack, and drive-away awning? Thanks in advance

Hi welcome to the site and congrats on your new van!

What kind of things do you want to use the awning for? :)

Fiamma Carry-Bike seems to be the standard bike rack for the T4s. Don't think I've seen anything else. I have one and it does the job! Not tested it with 2 bikes yet through.

Thanks both - the awning will be used mainly as a lounge area but am also wondering if there are any with removable inner bedroom areas, so people can come and stay.

Hi - welcome to the club!
As for bike racks, if you need to carry more than 2 bikes I can only give my advice on the one I have - an original VW bike rack (part number 7D4 071 104) - this was the one supplied by VW as an option. It can carry up to 4 bikes. I think you can only get them second hand now, but worth looking out for one if you can find them - although, being original equipment they're also rare and might be pricey...

As for a drive-away awning, I think if you do a search of the forum you'll find plenty of people asking the same and giving their opinions ;)

Happy hunting!

The Frog - Day 1 Back.jpg

Back