Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations for cooking pots/slow cookers etc please

CaliforniaGurl

CaliforniaGurl

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi we are new Cali owners and am looking for proven recommended cooking utensils / slow cooker ideas to use etc please
thanks

Someone will jump on here and recommend the Ridgemonkey. I don’t actually own one but many are avid fans :)

Hi we are new Cali owners and am looking for proven recommended cooking utensils / slow cooker ideas to use etc please
thanks
Ridgemonkey is good very versatile, BUT in the handbook it gives the maximum size of pan base to use or you can damage the plastic gas knobs, tap or sink bowl, not to mention the glass lid.

We like our stainless steel. Snowpeak 16 piece tableware set. Super compact and just lovely quality. Also Snowpeak 450ml stainless vacuum mugs. Coffee stays hot for ages. In fact I’m drinking out of it right now!
Neither are cheap, but if you can afford a California… :)

If you are on a EHU a Remoska is a great low wattage “oven”. Not a slow cooker, but you can do anything in it that you would put in an oven. Also another vote for Ridgemonkeys!

Lots of people seem to love Tefal Ingenio as well as the handles are removable so easy to store.

I’ve been tempted. I like the idea that it will cook without needing external Heat/power so is safe to leave unattended.
looks like an idea for home for soups and curry etc with the way electric price is going.

If you are on a EHU a Remoska is a great low wattage “oven”. Not a slow cooker, but you can do anything in it that you would put in an oven. Also another vote for Ridgemonkeys!

Lots of people seem to love Tefal Ingenio as well as the handles are removable so easy to store.
Yep thumbs up for the Ingenio pans. We have two saucepans and a frying pan. Stack nicely :)

Apologies but someone has to say it - “have you looked at the cobb grill” it’s more of a portable oven than a BBQ and would be good for slow cooking.

Tend to use an external cooker for messy / greasy stuff like steaks, burgers, and even pizza, then internal cooker for the simpler enclosed pan meals and veggies. Most used pan (by a long way) is the Ridge Monkey pan and griddle set (link follows) - soups, pan fried potatoes, sautéed meat, single pot meals like curry, stews, chilli etc.

Tend to use an external cooker for messy / greasy stuff like steaks, burgers, and even pizza, then internal cooker for the simpler enclosed pan meals and veggies. Most used pan (by a long way) is the Ridge Monkey pan and griddle set (link follows) - soups, pan fried potatoes, sautéed meat, single pot meals like curry, stews, chilli etc.

We use the R M multi purpose alongside an original R M, works well for us.