Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Red warning sign on T6 with ACC

greenfintry

greenfintry

Cometh the van cometh the hour
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Had a weird alert fleetingly on the dash display where a red sort of chevron flashed on then gone. May have put on ABS at same time....... it has not recurred but nowhere in the handbook is there a picture of this warning!!! Any suggestions....

Had a weird alert fleetingly on the dash display where a red sort of chevron flashed on then gone. May have put on ABS at same time....... it has not recurred but nowhere in the handbook is there a picture of this warning!!! Any suggestions....

I had the same last weekend when front left wheel lost traction momentarily on a patch of ice on a roundabout. Audible warning as well.

Sounds like the "there is an obstacle in my ACC view, and you are not pressing the brake" only had ages of these spurious alerts. It could've that something has temporarily covered the sensor?

Sounds like the "there is an obstacle in my ACC view, and you are not pressing the brake" only had ages of these spurious alerts. It could've that something has temporarily covered the sensor?
Auto correct sometimes sucks..

Bit of a mystery really. You’d think an ABS issue would show the usual icon, likewise traction. Not sure if ACC has citybrake function... dealer didn’t know and manual ambiguous as usual...

That was front assist kicking in, could have been caused by a bird or even a crisp packet..

Is that VW speak for city brake or similar ?

No, city braking is below 18 mph and cant be turned off, Front assist works above that and can be turned off.

We were going very slowly at that point, maybe less than 18 mph, so could have been city brake effect. The dealer had no idea if it is standard etc, so aside from waiting for a pensioner in a car park to see if the van stops, how can I find out if it has this function...... would be nice to know before said pensioner leaps out in front of me....

I had that ACC making a short emergency brake out of nowhere in the middle of the road like 3 times already.
Good it was just like a one second hard hit, not a full blocking. Only happened at lower speeds in a city. So might be that city break assist.

Back