Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Refrigerator lid

laurentfox

laurentfox

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,
So I did a bad thing. On a recent trip, the piston for the refrigerator lid separated from the lid (screw came out). When I returned home, i took the lid off (and disconnected the piston from the fridge) so could reattach the piston. In making sure it wouldn't come loose again, i overtightened the screw and it broke in the hole where you screw it in. I couldn't get it out as it sheared perfectly. My question is does anyone know where to find this part to replace (that can ship to France)? Also does anyone know how to take off the part (there is a round metallic piece on top of the fridge that looks to be holding it). I've attached two photos to help clarify (notice the part looks pretty bad in the picture because i was trying to remove the broken screw). BTW, it's a 2013 california t5. Thanks for any help. Laurent IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.JPG

could you not drill and tap the old screw out. maybe to a larger size and drill out the strut yoke ? or even drill a new hole,small enough to accept a self tapping screw ? it wouldn't matter much if the new hole was located slightly off the original centre

could you not drill and tap the old screw out. maybe to a larger size and drill out the strut yoke ? or even drill a new hole,small enough to accept a self tapping screw ? it wouldn't matter much if the new hole was located slightly off the original centre
Thanks for the reply. I tried drilling it out using a regular drill bit and thus made the mess. I have ordered a tapout bit set which should arrive tomorrow and i can give it a go. Hoping that works! cheers!

Thanks for the reply. I tried drilling it out using a regular drill bit and thus made the mess. I have ordered a tapout bit set which should arrive tomorrow and i can give it a go. Hoping that works! cheers!
There doesn’t appear to be a separate part I’m afraid.

Click on Campmob. Select year. Kitchen under Accessories.

i have same who can move it

Back