Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Registration Certificate - California Ocean - 4 or 5 seats

Mr & Mrs B

Mr & Mrs B

One Life, Live It
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I've recently received the Registration Certificate for Cali and noticed that it's listed as having five seats (including the driver). As we don't have the fifth seat fitted, we obviously only have four seats.

Has anyone else got an incorrect number of seats on their Registration Certificate?

I think you will find that as you have the third rail it's registered as 5. Might be a problem if it said 4 and then you put in a 5th. Other way round is fine imho.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've recently received the Registration Certificate for Cali and noticed that it's listed as having five seats (including the driver). As we don't have the fifth seat fitted, we obviously only have four seats.

Has anyone else got an incorrect number of seats on their Registration Certificate?
I have the same and complained to VW but no resolution yet.

I think you will find that as you have the third rail it's registered as 5. Might be a problem if it said 4 and then you put in a 5th. Other way round is fine imho.

Mike

My issue with VW is that I might change the engine in ten years time to a 204ps say but they don't include that on the initial registration doc of a 150ps. You would advise the DVLA and have a new V5C. Its a principal.

I agree with Mike, I don't understand why its a problem it means you or a subsequent owner can put in the extra seat it required with no hassle.
V5 probably also says you can tow 2000kg, do you want that taking off as your not towing anything?

I know its only a small matter but VW also bumped me up to the next higher VED bracket based on increased CO2 emissions without any explanation at first and then an explanation that stretches credibility. So the VLA database shows my Cali at the lower VED rate and the V5C at the higher rate.

Mike

Thanks Mike - I hadn't thought of that but yes, it would give flexibility to put in an extra seat if required.

Back