Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removal of Second Bed from GC 600

therandman

therandman

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Has anyone removed the secondary bed in a GC 600? I won't be using mine and the extra storage space, not to mention the weight reduction, could be nice. Although they call it an option, I've never seen a 600 without the second bed.

Has anyone removed the secondary bed in a GC 600? I won't be using mine and the extra storage space, not to mention the weight reduction, could be nice. Although they call it an option, I've never seen a 600 without the second bed.
Hola,yo la tengo sin esa opción. Mis hijos ya son mayores y solo la usare yo.excepcionalmente mi mujer también,así que esa cama nos sobraba.francamente es mejor así.

A534BDD4-3651-4B99-BF95-5CCF1ECE7635.jpeg

Thanks! That's the first picture I've seen of a 600 without the bed. Now I'd like to see if anyone has removed the bed from a GC equipped with that option.

Thanks! That's the first picture I've seen of a 600 without the bed. Now I'd like to see if anyone has removed the bed from a GC equipped with that option.
Really great space to use, I had a 600 and miss that space compared to the 680. Great for stowage of awning mat, external screen cover, levellers and so on.

I asked myself the same question. I don't believe that we will use it, it would be besser to put into use as a storage space. But my wife is different opinion. So, I can imagine it will stay.

Have I said that, the next time talking to my VW dealer I will ask them the question (maybe I will send an email). Just to have the information. If I get the information I will post it here.

Happy sleeping California,
Eberhard

Hello,
I'm also whishing to remove the upper bed before a 2 month trip , has anyone sucessed removing ?
any advice ?

Hola Juanano, me alegro de verte por aquí

Okay thanks mate. Iv a few more projects to complete on the van, after I’ll take a look at what we can do to remove the top bed, at a quick glance I can already tell some new panels will need to be purchased along the sides. And front.

Back