Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing 3 Seat Bench Beach

J

j3ggo

Guest User
IMG_0336.JPG IMG_0337.JPG just wondered how do you get the 3 seat bench out? I want to clean the rollers.

You'll need at least 2 people for the triple seat and ideally 3. It's seriously heavy and unwieldy.

You can clean the rollers just by exposing them rather than having to lift it out though If I remember correctly.

Slide the seat back
Remove the grey plastic end caps in your pic. - Flat bladed screw driver from the runner side or a thin finger through the rubber seal - it's just a plastic compression tab.
Remove the silver strips- they slide towards the space created by removing the grey plastic end caps. You need to push down slightly and just slide them towards where the grey caps came out - there's a lot of friction to overcome
With the new layout of the rails though I'm not sure how you'll get to the rear runner. You might have to remove the longer metal strip but not sure.

Unless the T5 and T6 Beach rear three seater bench and floor rails differ, which I doubt, why take the bench out when you can easily clean the rollers with it in situe?

Whilst I've never done this myself, it strikes me as an easy task to carry out. Just open the six lift up flap storage covers beneath the bench (three at the front and three at the rear) and then remove the plastic storage trays. You can then clean the rollers which are easy to both see and get at. To reach the entire circumference of each roller just move the bench to and fro. The bench seat rollers run on top of the aluminium floor rails not beneath them whilst the securing and locking part of the bench lies beneath the aluminium floor rails and engages with the vehicle chassis/floor.

I would imagine that the bench seat is very heavy so unless you have to take it out I would avoid doing so. If you do need to take it out then follow the above mentioned steps by Crell in his/her post. Then slide the bench fully forward and lift out. Given its size and likely weight I would imagine that there is a very good chance of damaging your van and/or your back in the process so be careful.

Last edited:
I think a lot of owners believe the rollers run IN the channels. The rollers run on top of the Aluminium strips. The Locking Mechanism is in the channel. When you pull the Lever the Locking Mechanism is pushed down to disengage and the bed/bench then rolls forward or backwards.

Dealer told me that the 3 seat bench weighs around 170kg so what ever you do, mind your fingers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless the T5 and T6 Beach rear three seater bench and floor rails differ, which I doubt, why take the bench out when you can easily clean the rollers with it in situe?

Whilst I've never done this myself, it strikes me as an easy task to carry out. Just open the six lift up flap storage covers beneath the bench (three at the front and three at the rear) and then remove the plastic storage trays. You can then clean the rollers which are easy to both see and get at. To reach the entire circumference of each roller just move the bench to and fro. The bench seat rollers run on top of the aluminium floor rails not beneath them whilst the securing and locking part of the bench lies beneath the aluminium floor rails and engages with the vehicle chassis/floor.

I would imagine that the bench seat is very heavy so unless you have to take it out I would avoid doing so. If you do need to take it out then follow the above mentioned steps by Crell in his/her post. Then slide the bench fully forward and lift out. Given its size and likely weight I would imagine that there is a very good chance of damaging your van and/or your back in the process so be careful.

That's pretty much the conclusion I came to. I can see how to take it our now but its not worth it when you can access the rollers without taking the seat out. Thanks.

Back