Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing the floor rail strips in T6 beach?

L

Lbuk

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, I’m trying to put a vinyl floor on top of the existing rubber floor. I want to remove the silver floor rail strips (sorry don’t know what they’re called), lay the floor and replace them back on top.

I’ve removed the small floor rail strips at the front by wiggling and sliding them and rolled the three seat bench right forward and removed the rear shelf so that there is nothing on top of the long rear floor rail strips.

I’ve popped off the black end caps in the rear but still can’t move the long strips at all.

Two of the long strips don’t have removable caps, they butt right against an immovable anchor.

Am I requiring brute force?

Is there a civilised push to release magic button?

Do I need to slide them forwards somehow or is out through the boot ok?

Thanks

Hi, I’m trying to put a vinyl floor on top of the existing rubber floor. I want to remove the silver floor rail strips (sorry don’t know what they’re called), lay the floor and replace them back on top.

I’ve removed the small floor rail strips at the front by wiggling and sliding them and rolled the three seat bench right forward and removed the rear shelf so that there is nothing on top of the long rear floor rail strips.

I’ve popped off the black end caps in the rear but still can’t move the long strips at all.

Two of the long strips don’t have removable caps, they butt right against an immovable anchor.

Am I requiring brute force?

Is there a civilised push to release magic button?

Do I need to slide them forwards somehow or is out through the boot ok?

Thanks
I don't believe you will be able to fit an additional layer of Vinyl flooring under the rails only substitute the present floor covering for another of the same thickness.
By the looks of it, they pull vertically upwards.

Screenshot 2019-06-20 at 15.35.46.jpg

Thanks for the reply. That image isn’t the same as what I’m working with, there is no number 30. There is no nook as an access point.

This is my second attempt and the first did go under the small section of the rails at the front ok, so I think it’ll be fine. Time will tell.

Thanks for the reply. That image isn’t the same as what I’m working with, there is no number 30. There is no nook as an access point.

This is my second attempt and the first did go under the small section of the rails at the front ok, so I think it’ll be fine. Time will tell.
The only difference between T6/5 rails is the sections removed to allow seats to be inserted/removed.