Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Renewing the gear leaver gaiter.

topspan

topspan

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I want to renew the gaiter on the gear leave on my 2014 Ocean.
I cannot see how I remove the gear knob!. I don't want to damage knob taking it off.
Help please anyone

@John Ireland , do you think some leather cream or similar may have helped prolong its life? I am looking at mine. In a decent shape now in 2.5 year, but just wondering if I can do something. Maybe will try some Clarks replenishing cream for leather ... though the gaiter is not leather ... it seems to be something like that ...

@John Ireland , do you think some leather cream or similar may have helped prolong its life? I am looking at mine. In a decent shape now in 2.5 year, but just wondering if I can do something. Maybe will try some Clarks replenishing cream for leather ... though the gaiter is not leather ... it seems to be something like that ...
If it is only the "leather", you could try to find a piece of blackened leather (real), cut into shape and sew it together?
My Golf 4 had a thick leather gaiter on the gear lever. I used to leatherwax it now and then.
Now, the Cali has a very thin "leather?" gaiter with a plastic knob. There is one tiny pinch in the gaiter from sticking the lever in reverse, and thus cutting a hole in the gaiter.
You can take the whole thing apart, but you can't buy the single parts alone. So making one yourself might be the best option if you want it to have a real thick leather gaiter.

If it is only the "leather", you could try to find a piece of blackened leather (real), cut into shape and sew it together?
My Golf 4 had a thick leather gaiter on the gear lever. I used to leatherwax it now and then.
Now, the Cali has a very thin "leather?" gaiter with a plastic knob. There is one tiny pinch in the gaiter from sticking the lever in reverse, and thus cutting a hole in the gaiter.
You can take the whole thing apart, but you can't buy the single parts alone. So making one yourself might be the best option if you want it to have a real thick leather gaiter.
You can get the leather on its own and at 9€ its
probably not worth making one.

Mine I think, is original equipment and has cracked on a couple of the folds showing a cloth material underneath, so not leather!.
There are plenty for sale on E-bay both leather and imitation leather. So not really worth the hassle of making my own.

Did this anyways today will see in a few years
d3ec02f637dd1aca0fcfc7a6a7eef564.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back