Where can I buy replacement elevating roof arms

• VW centres

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
P

Pennydoo

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Genuine VW California 2015 model. Not only did our awning shear off at the 3 bolt hinge in high winds this weekend, but the bottom right hand rear arm operating the elevating roof has become buckled - which will not allow the roof to fully close. Its appears that these arms are made up of sections which could be removed and replaced without the need to replace the an entire roof. Could anyone tell me where I could buy a single arm - photos attached. The buckling can be viewed in vxarm2.jpg a viewing down the length of the arm

VWarm1.JPG

vwarm2.JPG

Strangest poll i seen in a while....

Genuine VW California 2015 model. Not only did our awning shear off at the 3 bolt hinge in high winds this weekend, but the bottom right hand rear arm operating the elevating roof has become buckled - which will not allow the roof to fully close. Its appears that these arms are made up of sections which could be removed and replaced without the need to replace the an entire roof. Could anyone tell me where I could buy a single arm - photos attached. The buckling can be viewed in vxarm2.jpg a viewing down the length of the arm

View attachment 23098

View attachment 23099
Is that an electric roof or manual

I am not sure why there needs to be a poll either VW do or don't most of will not have needed to ask the question of VW.

There were some traders on ebay who sold major California parts you could try them if VW do not sale the arms.

and If you have caused damage that can only be repaired by new roof as the parts are not sold I would look at a possible insurance claim if all else fails.

Bet you are not very happy either way. Anyway :welcome there has been lots of warnings on the forum in the past about wind flipping the wind out awning.

Last edited:
If you cannot find the parts then the arm could easily be removed and repaired (or even made) by a competent aluminium fabricator/welder. It's only a relatively simple piece after all. This would all be much cheaper and quicker than going through VW or involving insurance claims which will cost you a lot more down the line.

(or even made) by a competent aluminium fabricator/welder. It's only a relatively simple piece after all.
Agree, but would be interested how future roof issue claim would be met by VW

Try the club shop, Nick ordered in a water pump for me and had it delivered next day.

Thanks for all your prompt responses and especially for the links to hinge part numbers Hinge part no. 7H7875149A which i'll contact vw about tomorrow. Off on holiday soon, so can't wait for insurance jobs. thanks again

This will never fals under warrrenty....
A awning bending over due strong wind and damaging the roofmecanism ....a dealer fixing this in warrenty ....please give me his details...

This will never fals under warrrenty....
A awning bending over due strong wind and damaging the roofmecanism ....a dealer fixing this in warrenty ....please give me his details...

I didn't expect the awning to be covered, but the poster didn't say that the awning hit the roof mechanism.

Thanks everyone - taking the vw into the service centre on Thursday for the mechanics to take a look at it. Parts are readily available but it's needs a full test to see if more damage has been done. Will report back

I replaced one on our old van a few years ago.
Cost around £250 if I remember correctly.
Got it from your he dealer, next day delivery.
Easy job. Just make sure the roof is supported well before taking it off.