Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement fresh water sender unit - UK supplier.

Paul_W

Paul_W

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi all, just wanted to share as it took me some time to source a reasonably priced unit in the UK.

VW wanted £112.79 for the unit, it wasn’t in stock but my local van centre could get the part in 4 days.

Nearly all other supply I was able to locate was either in Germany or Slovakia and was coming in around 110 Euros but then import duties etc. on top so no better then VW.

Finally located a UK supplier LLLParts who can ship in 5 days at £72.00 plus postage.

Part no. to search for is 7E7068257B and here’s the link;

I added to my basket completed all delivery / contact details but didn’t purchase at that point, got an email through from them a little while after with a 5% discount code to use if I completed my order so total came in at £70 including delivery.

Took a while to arrive, maybe 10 days but my sender has been broken for 2 years so wasn’t bothered about that.

I’ve just fitted the unit today and all is working as it should, happy days, no more guessing how much water we have left:)

A few pics for reference of the new and old unit.

5B1FDFB2-5113-4924-9234-DC490B5E5744.jpeg

83C8013C-7815-4E5F-A11B-09BC1327A456.jpeg

A45E45E2-5B31-4F8F-867A-758BF1D1D9B9.jpeg

4C85F90F-7426-4327-B692-3AFA19FD9CB8.jpeg

FAC693F6-7D07-4D0A-B8F4-0F58CA88AFAA.jpeg

95724D0B-DCE6-4BB1-B3DC-2D9F6463B9F8.jpeg

Thanks @Paul_W for this very timely post, like you my level sensor has been broken for a while but thought I would look at replacing it over the winter. I have just ordered the part from LLL and like you posted waited for an email. First one came back within hours but no discount so waited, second email later the same day with 5% discount code, all good so far.

Thanks @Paul_W for this very timely post, like you my level sensor has been broken for a while but thought I would look at replacing it over the winter. I have just ordered the part from LLL and like you posted waited for an email. First one came back within hours but no discount so waited, second email later the same day with 5% discount code, all good so far.
Good news, just happy post helped someone out:thumb

Price seems to have gone up!

Strangely sometimes price shows as Euros depending on which device I look at it. It showed as euros on my account but pounds on my order, no idea why :rolleyes:
Around £77 without discount

Still better than VW charging an astonishing £112.79 and you have to collect it yourself :thumb

Just ordered one. They are currently giving a discount with code 2022,
paid £71.50 inc postage.

Just ordered one. They are currently giving a discount with code 2022,
paid £71.50 inc postage.
Good stuff! It’s a little bit sad I know but it makes me happy the gauge shows empty now when it is instead of two thirds full all the time :thumb Little things……

Thanks, useful. I have got as far as taking mine apart, understanding how it works and why it failed. But not convinced I could fix it for much less (certainly if you don't count my time as free).

I wonder what the wholesale price of this to the trade is - is that basically what lllparts are doing - just taking a small cut and selling at trade price to the public?

I am however still in the camp of "I don't need to know what the water level is" so as of now I will refrain from purchase :)

Congrats Paul, this is the new one in stainless steel. The older one was plastic, and tended to show cracks in the stalk, where bacteria like to live.

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Back