Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing the gas tube and seals.

Bobbybus

Bobbybus

Learning how to be a hedonist...
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have bought the kit from 'our' shop but there are no instructions with it on how to go about the job. Looking at past threads, I get the impression that this is a job only for a professional experienced with campers/motorhomes.
I must admit, I have tried unsuccessfully to undue one nut. Is there a knack? Is it a job for a professional?

Gasfittings turning opposite to losen/thighten than normal fittings...did you know?

Hi, I assume you are talking about this kit? https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/genuine-gok-gas-hose-seal-kit

We fitted one a few weeks back as ours was due to be replaced ( I think you need to change them every 5 years? ) Anyway, easy job takes around 15 minutes, as HC says one of the nuts has a reverse thread. The seals on the tap just snap out and are easy to swap over. You need to fit the new olive as the existing one can't be removed.

HC, Andyclockwise. Yeah, I think I'm just being too timid. I'll just eat a weetabix then have another go!

Looking at doing this myself, any other hints/tips/step-by-step instructions?!!

Make sure you don't overtighten or it could distort the olive.
Also spray some diluted washing up liquid round the joints to check there are no leaks.