Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

reprogramming T6 parking heater

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
After month of sleeping in cold getting annoyed with a new T6 heater idea running by the thermostat instead of level.
Any suggestions how to update it so it can run on a lowest possible setting non stop?
It eats bettery a lot when turning on and off each 5 minutes. (each start and end burns 10amp from a bettery)
Sometimes it decides to make a sauna at level2, raising the output power.

After month of sleeping in cold getting annoyed with a new T6 heater idea running by the thermostat instead of level.
Any suggestions how to update it so it can run on a lowest possible setting non stop?
It eats bettery a lot when turning on and off each 5 minutes. (each start and end burns 10amp from a bettery)
Sometimes it decides to make a sauna at level2, raising the output power.
Unless they have changed the electronics etc: for the T6, on the T5 the Level selected is related to a temperature that is controlled by a Temperature Sensor in the Air Intake that is situated in the Front Footwell, Passenger side on your LHD vehicle.
On my T5 Level 1 runs virtually continuously during the Winter when it is 10c or less outside.

Trouble is they do not have proportional control, if I remember correctly the Eberspacer D2 has three heat output levels and if the outside temp is not low enough the thing will just keep cycling on and off to where you have set the level and as its not cold enough outside you end up being too hot inside. Its the nature of the beast can't do much about it.

I am fine running it non stop in lowest setting of 3 and getting too hot.
Another thing it wakes us up at night sometimes when shutting down and revving the fan up again.
I'd better control the temp by opening windows. It hardly saves fuel as well due to requires more juice on start up than the lowest running consumption interrupted for 10-20 mins.

There should be an option to run an electric heater when on hookup at least. And then I don't mean one you have to buy yourself.

Back