Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Resetting the tyre pressure monitor

D

David and Chris

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hello everyone,

in a different thread I asked about flat batteries — thanks for the info on that — but now have an issue with the tyre pressure monitor. It is suggesting that all four tyres need attention, although there is no evidence that there is a problem with the pressure. When I go into the settings menu to reset it tells me that the „tyre pressure loss indicator currently not available „ and if I press „set“ it shows a message of „This function is currently not available „

any ideas?
David and Chris

Hi @David and Chris
On my t6.1 Ocean with active tyre monitoring there is no option to reset the tyre pressures (not that i’ve found anyway).
Is yours showing low pressure? If so (to state the obvious) put some air in. Then drive for a few miles and it will recalibrate.
In this cold weather tyre pressures will always be a bit lower but increase as you drive and the tyres warm up.

Hi,
apparently there’s two types of monitor, and the active is more sophisticated, but with mine it indicates a problem and with which tyre, and then I have to first put more air in and then tell the system that I have so that it can reset. It is the last bit I can’t do. I am taking it back to the dealership tomorrow so they can sort it out.
thanks anyway

Your reference to a flat battery is the key. Once batteries are disconnected / reconnected the vans always show a selection of error codes, take it for a drive & they should all clear eventually.

Back