Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Resetting tyre pressure monitor

iamchucky

iamchucky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
apologies have done a search but couldn't find an answer (sure it's there somewhere though).

Tyre pressure monitor has gone off tonight and so need to check the pressures first thing tomorrow. However can't seem to locate the reset button for the tyre pressure monitor. Looked in manual and says either a button on passenger side or via the media console (we have the sat nav system) - been outside but can't seem to find either option. Any help greatly appreciated... I'm just blaming it being dark outside!

Do you have the multifunction steering wheel ? If so when parked you can go to the section for Settings ? Where the date/time can be changed and I think it is there.

Using the stalk I thought it was on the right hand side remember the handbook is biased towards left hand drive vehicles.

If you don't have a multi function steering wheel there is a switch inside the glove box.

I personally do not rely on all this modern technology.

I find the grinding of metallic rim on tarmac quite sufficient to alert me :sad

Thanks all. My mistake, I was looking in the manual under tyre pressure whereas I should have thought about VW logic and looked under multi function steering wheel!

I personally do not rely on all this modern technology.

I find the grinding of metallic rim on tarmac quite sufficient to alert me :sad
How do you differentiate between flat tyre and brake wear "warning" of metal on metal?

A very helpful piece posted by WelshGas some time ago. The monitor can go off for all sorts of reasons apart from warning you of low pressure. It measures the rotational speed off the wheels and warns if it is changed from what it was set at. You could have a very heavy load in the back, you could have changed a tyre, fitted snow chains, etc. Before you reset it, just make sure by checking the pressures, that they are right.
Tyre pressure monitor.jpg

This was another part of the advice from WelshGas in the following thread
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/boats-n-bits.11110/#post-140211.
Our handbook hadn't been updated and was completely wrong.

The tyre warning light will come on if the pressure in 1 or more tyres varies by more than 10% from the set value. This can happen in hot weather as tyre pressures will increase and increase more if driving, especially long distance, and if towing because of the increased weight on the rear wheels/tyres.
When cold, check the tyre pressures and if correct then you need to reset the Tyre Warning.
The Tyre Pressure Reset is part of the dashboard Multi Function Display.
If you have the Multi Function Steering Wheel. Ignition On, R hand control, Press OK, Select MFD then OK, Scroll down to Tyre Pressure and press OK. Follow instructions. Or check handbook.

Thanks SimonB. This Forum is far more informative than the manual! :thumb

How do you differentiate between flat tyre and brake wear "warning" of metal on metal?

I have never experienced hearing that brake wear warning, possibly because I am very careful using my brakes.

For example, at traffic lights and other stationary situations I find it quite sufficient to coast up slowly and use the vehicle in front to provide the final stopping force :(

I have never experienced hearing that brake wear warning, possibly because I am very careful using my brakes.

For example, at traffic lights and other stationary situations I find it quite sufficient to coast up slowly and use the vehicle in front to provide the final stopping force :(
Glad I have a tow bar!

Any way of remedying a fault with the tyre pressure monitor ? Flashes and when the reset button is pressed 'not available ' messge pops up .....

I've had a brand new California for a week now and the tyre pressure monitor light has come on, I've checked the tyre pressures which are now ok, there isn't a reset button in the passenger stowage compartment nor do I have an electronic steering wheel with a reset option. Any ideas how I can reset the TMP? Thanks, Helen

I've had a brand new California for a week now and the tyre pressure monitor light has come on, I've checked the tyre pressures which are now ok, there isn't a reset button in the passenger stowage compartment nor do I have an electronic steering wheel with a reset option. Any ideas how I can reset the TMP? Thanks, Helen
It should be on the MFD, Multi Function Display, Menu.

If you look up the thread a bit you will find a print out from Welsh Gas about how to reset the warning light. The same thing happened to us some time ago. The reset is on the end of the wiper stalk on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Press it straight in to select the Multi Function Display MFD and follow the instructions above. Simon

Agree you can still do this without a MFSW, I have only the MFD and stalks but I can still reset it via the menu.