Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Resetting

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just found out you can't reset or turn off the control panel with the roof up.
Saturday night, roof up, bed sorted, chucking it down with rain and wanted to warm the van up a bit before going to bed. Heating Not Available comes up. Can't turn the panel off or rest it so to bed cold.
Roof down in the morning, panel reset and all's well again. So make sure everything is working OK before putting the roof up.

Just found out you can't reset or turn off the control panel with the roof up.
Saturday night, roof up, bed sorted, chucking it down with rain and wanted to warm the van up a bit before going to bed. Heating Not Available comes up. Can't turn the panel off or rest it so to bed cold.
Roof down in the morning, panel reset and all's well again. So make sure everything is working OK before putting the roof up.
Thanks for top tip.
Seems a bit mad - so you cant put the heater on in the middle of the night if you're asleep upstairs with the roof up and feeling cold? I assume LB's were at a good level of charge.

Had that issue the other weekend, but never realised it was because the roof was up. Thanks for the tip...

So you have to put the heater on prior to putting the roof up just in case you may need it, seems a bit daft. Will try the haeter at the GLO meet but really hoping we don't need it :thumb:thumb

No that's not what I'm saying.
Normally it's fine but there was a fault on the control panel because it had been disconnected.
If it's working correctly then all functions will work ok with the roof up.

Some people needs to read better...
Useful info Brian !

No that's not what I'm saying.
Normally it's fine but there was a fault on the control panel because it had been disconnected.
If it's working correctly then all functions will work ok with the roof up.
OK, thanks Brian - clearer for me now. I did say to my wife "I must be being a bit dim", I won't tell you what her reply was!

Back