Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retro fitting Eberspacher (cali unit) or separate controlled eberspacher

monster-mash

monster-mash

Vehicle
N/A
We want to fit a night heater but im not sure of best way to do this to our T5 Cali Camping controler, we could
A, source a ebeshacher D3 Airtronic cali unit with all fittings minus fuel pump from ebay costing around £450.
What i like about this is it should hopefully plug into the unused blue plug thats part of the wiring loom from the cali controller (plug and play) sure it wont be that easy but its all controlled from the controller also its a tidy job useing genuine parts with the downside being its second hand and not sure on hours used.
B, Fit a new eberspacher D2 Airtronic i say D2 because D3 is not available in UK i'm told, checked the D4 but told its overkill for a SWB T5 again i'm told . So D2 £800 possibly another £200 for D4? What i like about option B is its new with warrenty, control will have to be accessed down below in the van but then i guess we would have the roof down as the whole point for fitting a heater is due to my wife now working in Horticulture summer months so we will use the van in winter more than ever did before.
I did a search and there was a guy on here "Lukem" who fitted a Cali unit but think i need to be a premium memeber to message him anyway has anyone done this retro fit or got any other information?
Thankyou

We want to fit a night heater but im not sure of best way to do this to our T5 Cali Camping controler, we could
A, source a ebeshacher D3 Airtronic cali unit with all fittings minus fuel pump from ebay costing around £450.
What i like about this is it should hopefully plug into the unused blue plug thats part of the wiring loom from the cali controller (plug and play) sure it wont be that easy but its all controlled from the controller also its a tidy job useing genuine parts with the downside being its second hand and not sure on hours used.
B, Fit a new eberspacher D2 Airtronic i say D2 because D3 is not available in UK i'm told, checked the D4 but told its overkill for a SWB T5 again i'm told . So D2 £800 possibly another £200 for D4? What i like about option B is its new with warrenty, control will have to be accessed down below in the van but then i guess we would have the roof down as the whole point for fitting a heater is due to my wife now working in Horticulture summer months so we will use the van in winter more than ever did before.
I did a search and there was a guy on here "Lukem" who fitted a Cali unit but think i need to be a premium memeber to message him anyway has anyone done this retro fit or got any other information?
Thankyou
What vehicle have you got?
Wasn’t aware that any SE/ Oceans were built without the Parking Heater?
The VW fitted Parking Heater has special VW specific software.

There are many threads on the T6 Forum on fitting an Eberspacher complete with the OEM 'B' pillar outlets etc. There are numerous control options without having to interface with the existing Cali control panel. I see that the OP is in Shropshire, if you would like to talk about how I use mine in a self-build then please feel free to give me a call rod@vwbooks.co.uk

Sorry I didn't mention our vehicle it's a 2008 sportline not a Cali, we fitted a complete Cali kitchen and roof and properly installed the controller however we left the heater and sliding bed because we needed the room for our bikes when touring. That's a good few years ago now and as mentioned above we will be putting in a bed and heater for winter tours.
Thanks rod I will be in touch

Sorry I didn't mention our vehicle it's a 2008 sportline not a Cali, we fitted a complete Cali kitchen and roof and properly installed the controller however we left the heater and sliding bed because we needed the room for our bikes when touring. That's a good few years ago now and as mentioned above we will be putting in a bed and heater for winter tours.
You are welcome, I've fitted Eberspachers into all of my past six campers.

Personally, I think you will have less problems fitting a standalone Parking Heater.

Back