Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retrofit Bi Xenon with head light washers and auto leveling

Oliver

Oliver

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Thinking about biting the bullet and retrofitting bi xenons with washers and auto leveling which comes at a cost of 4K at http://hazzydayz.com/genuine-vw-tra...non-headlamp-with-led-drls-upgrade-3045-p.asp.

We are going on a 3 months tour through Europe and then relocating to Australia taking the van with us. So I am justifying the expenses by thinking we will never sell our Cali once in Australia.

I read through old threats but wonder if anyone has a more current view on below questions:

1) Can you adjust bi-xenons for European driving conditions (and vice versa)?
2) Anyone had experience with Hazy Dayz and their workmanship?
3) As the front spoiler has to be replaced anyway, thinking of making it a Sportsline one. Any views on this?

Thanks a lot for any replies.

Oliver

problem is it makes the fogs look very yellow - upgrade the fogs too and id say its a bargain

Do they sell T5s Downunder with Zenons?
The Zenons can be set FLAT for Continental driving.
Hazzy Days have a good reputation although I cannot vouch for them personally.
Front Spoiler - personal preference. Can you get them Downunder in case it gets damaged?

Do you think that is good value for money? Retrofitting costs massively outweigh any benefits in my opinion. Plenty of alternate headlamps with led drl's without going down the xenon route if it's mainly cosmetic reasons.

Do they sell T5s Downunder with Zenons?
The Zenons can be set FLAT for Continental driving.
Hazzy Days have a good reputation although I cannot vouch for them personally.
Front Spoiler - personal preference. Can you get them Downunder in case it gets damaged?
Thanks. Will check whether sold in Australia. Good point as it might make it harder to pass MOT equivalent.

Just placed order with HazzyDayz for bi-xenons, auto-levelling and automatic washers. Due to be installed on the 21st of June. Will report back and post pictures.

Hazy dayz fitted rns510 for me in 2011. Great service, highly recomended.

I have thought long & hard aout retro fitting bizenons, but for me the cost is a tad too high. Not a cosmetic thing as standard headlights are, to me, utter c$%&.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Finally picked up my Cali from Hazy Dayz yesterday and thought I quickly share first impressions.

Cost was £3820 which included lights, auto levelling and washers. I also got for £70 a cable to change light settings myself for left/right hand drive.

Hazy Dayz is towards Luton and I was told that the job would take a day with two technicians. So I took a day off work and waited on-site. In the afternoon I was told they wouldn't finish the job (only one technician available for most of the day despite me booking it in 3 weeks out) and was given a loan car to get home.

Picked it up next day and looks like they've done a great job. Everything well aligned / fitted and working. The only slight issue is that the new bumper (required to fit the Bi-Xenons) doesn't perfectly match my colour as naturally my vehicle's paint job as somewhat aged with sun exposure over the years. I was told that with time the difference will get smaller and smaller (any views?) and there is nothing that can be done.

Overall pleased with first impression and workmanship but time will tell. Before & after pics below.

upload_2016-6-24_11-7-38.pngupload_2016-6-24_11-7-50.png

Back