Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retrofit split cover for sink and hob?

B

Bromley47

iVan Sets Off
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I like the idea of the split sink/hob cover that we had in a hired Cali. Somewhere to put the dishes when washing up. Most of the models we are looking to buy have the single glass cover. Is it possible to retrofit the twin glass covers after purchase? Aware of the risks involved in leaving the sink cover down when using the hob as covered in other posts so will take care!

Is it possible to retrofit the twin glass covers after purchase?
No, would need a whole new sink/burner unit etc Very different hinge arrangement etc. Not possible i'm afraid.

Thanks Larry - sorts that one out then - will have to find a newer Cali!

It would be nice to have split worktop but it's no biggie, never been a problem. One alternative for washing up pots, someone on here had a cover for the gas burners made that effectively gave an area for prep/washing up pots etc. Could be a fix for your little dilemma.
like this https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cover-drainer-for-cooker.14689/

Never used the sink TBH, Cali was to us a leisure vehicle, where possible cooked etc. outside. Not always possible I know worked for us.

It is an old thread but if you are still interested .....we didn't find the sink very useful either and so that's why we made the aluminium sink covers to convert the sink into a usable worksurface which is also heat restraint so you can put hot pans or kettles on it etc. You can see more on our website www.yescampervan.co.uk

S3 cups .jpgSink cover square with cup dark 2.jpg

It is an old thread but if you are still interested .....we didn't find the sink very useful either and so that's why we made the aluminium sink covers to convert the sink into a usable worksurface which is also heat restraint so you can put hot pans or kettles on it etc. You can see more on our website www.yescampervan.co.uk

View attachment 83885View attachment 83886
Be great if that sink cover could hinge up to the back or side so you could use the sink rather than remove it every time :)

Be great if that sink cover could hinge up to the back or side so you could use the sink rather than remove it every time :)
I agree that would be nice, if I can think of a way of doing that I will let you know. Unfortunately it would probably require modification to the California which no one would want to do. We have deliberately tried to keep the design simple so that it can be easily lifted in and out of place.