Returning to the California fold

edwatters

edwatters

Ed and Sam
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All

We have our 4 motion Cali on order and have been informed it's in the U.K. Previously owned a berghaus T5, and had 3 fantastic years of ownership, had to sell due to a job offer abroad.
Looking forward to our return to UK next month hopefully picking up our van as we get back. Already ordered various bits which are waiting for us as we return. Excited is not the word

Hi All

We have our 4 motion Cali on order and have been informed it's in the U.K. Previously owned a berghaus T5, and had 3 fantastic years of ownership, had to sell due to a job offer abroad.
Looking forward to our return to UK next month hopefully picking up our van as we get back. Already ordered various bits which are waiting for us as we return. Excited is not the word
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

:welcome back from Kenya? Now there's an idea.....Kenya in a Campervan.:thumb

Reactions: DM
tbh
Discuss o_O

Id say the first time you get a mark, scrape or dint (inside or out) that can't be readily washed off or wiped up. Its a relief tbh ;)
Yeah, I'll go with that. Have to be honest my big issue has always been curbed wheels - I hate it when that happens. My wife says that's how she knows where the curb is!! Agh!

Roads too poor for Cali out here, but would make an interesting safari wagon if you could improve the ground clearance

Just had video of our cali after off loading at the dealer, looking forward to the final touches going on and picking it up in a few weeks

Just had video of our cali after off loading at the dealer, looking forward to the final touches going on and picking it up in a few weeks
The excitement is building.......!

Roads too poor for Cali out here, but would make an interesting safari wagon if you could improve the ground clearance

Best of luck with your new Cali Ed. I'm utterly jealous of you having an East African playground for your Berhaus/Cali. But with a van like that in Kenya, do you get folks flagging you down all the time, thinking you're a taxi??

Actually I found the problem with a lot of the roads in your neck of the woods is that they're deceptively good - until you hit a 10-foot deep pothole full of water. And do they still have those killer speed bumps at random places on the Nairobi to Garissa road? I have happy memories of becoming airborne at 60mph.

Best of luck with your new Cali Ed. I'm utterly jealous of you having an East African playground for your Berhaus/Cali. But with a van like that in Kenya, do you get folks flagging you down all the time, thinking you're a taxi??

Actually I found the problem with a lot of the roads in your neck of the woods is that they're deceptively good - until you hit a 10-foot deep pothole full of water. And do they still have those killer speed bumps at random places on the Nairobi to Garissa road? I have happy memories of becoming airborne at 60mph.
We're coming back to uk to enjoy the roads and slightly less potholes

Looking forward to coming back this week but the dealer has said he can't fit the Dakar bi Colour alloys we had as standard on our last t5 California.

Any one else had this problem with a t6?

They said they aren't load rated which seems strange as they were standard on my berghaus t5 and I don't think the van is that much heavier?
Was your last vehicle a 4Motion?
Because the T6 4Motion is much heavier.

However, if the information I have is correct, those Dakar wheels in the link I posted, are definitely Load Rated with an axle rating of 1910 Kgm as against the T6 4 Motion axle limit of 1610 Kgm.

IMG_0371.JPG Picked up our van last week, Kanga is now part of our family with some great seat covers. Just need vw to sort out a few teething issues!

Back