Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reversing Camera

iDandelions

iDandelions

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
While using the reversing camera yesterday I noticed for the first time I could see the bottom part of my numberplate. I'm not sure if this was because the sun was making it stand out and it's always been there or my camera has moved down slightly.

Is it normal to see part of the plate on the screen?

Yes I can see it too. At first I thought it was yellow markings on the road.

Could someone confirm where the reversing camera is mounted please - and confirm if the view is obscured with a tow bar mounted cycle carrier mounted (or perhaps it is disabled along with the parking sensors?)

Thanks!

Usually mounted above no plate next to the lights. Tow bar should not obscure view.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@Sheffield10 I have a Thule cycle carrier, tow ball mounted. (nb. its not one that allows me to open the T6 tailgate, but that doesn't bother me too much, I owned the cycle carrier previously for an Audi A4). Heres a pic of the screen when the reversing camera is on and a tower cycle carrier fitted - still a reasonable view and a good aid in my opinion. IMG_2757.JPG

Really helpful answer CoboCali, thanks very much!

When you fit an aftermarket VW camera and you have sensors how are the sensors incorporated into the camera or how should it appear ? . Do you need a different VW genuine camera if you have sensors ?
thanks

Scoobz

When you fit an aftermarket VW camera and you have sensors how are the sensors incorporated into the camera or how should it appear ? . Do you need a different VW genuine camera if you have sensors ?
thanks

Scoobz
I believe it’s the screen rather than the camera.
This is the display.

8F5231BD-E905-4342-BF1C-1BA8C22013D4.jpeg

Eventually got this fitted by John Greaves (Cundy Cross Mobile Auto Electrics) for £500 - works exactly like above in WelshGas's post -i.e. the sensors and parking lines are displayed on the screen just as if it was factory fitted. Did a great Job. John is based in Hexam -plenty of pubs and Hadrian's wall nearby to kill a few hours whilst it gets fitted.... His telephone number is 07740835852

Back