Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Review... brilliant Cali-topper

sacmac

sacmac

A note to say how well our new cali-topper performed on our recent Scotland trip. :D
Just back from superb family holiday in Cali to Outer Hebrides and, yes, it was stormy! The Cali-topper was really essential... our 2 boys were snug and completely dry up top throughout the two weeks of mixed weather, sometimes 40-50mph gusts on occasions.
The cali-topper, for those who might be interested, is easy to use and fits like a glove over the roof. It is good quality and, though I haven't seen the competitor products, the cali-topper was excellent.
I must admit I was a little uneasy at times with the force of the wind but this was being over-anxious as the topper performed perfectly throughout.
Other thoughts...
No problems putting it on, just check carefully underneath for any possible snags as the roof goes up and down.
Although one person could put it on, it was easier when my wife helped to drag it over the roof.
Taking it off the roof was easier, especially when wind assisted, but hang onto it in the wind!
We were careful to check for any sand/grit collected in the topper when folding it away and before putting it up in case any sand or grit abraded the roof. A quick shake and visual check is ample.
The cali topper slides easily into one of the folding chairs for storage, so it's no extra bulk.
Thanks again, a real necessity on this wild trip and, in that respect, a good value product.
Simon

Thanks for the feedback Simon and glad the Cali-Topper served you well :thumb

I'm just in the process of editing a quick video of how to put it on take it off so hopefully I'll be able to upload it shortly for everyone to see just how easy it is!

Cheers
Nick

Here's a quick video of us fitting a Cali-Topper at Wicksteed park - not the best - but it explains how it's fitted.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3QHVCHvdt4[/youtube]

Cheers
Nick

Nick I can't see the link in tapa talk, doesn't matter it was better live :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A note to say how well our new cali-topper performed on our recent Scotland trip. :D
Just back from superb family holiday in Cali to Outer Hebrides and, yes, it was stormy! The Cali-topper was really essential... our 2 boys were snug and completely dry up top throughout the two weeks of mixed weather, sometimes 40-50mph gusts on occasions.
The cali-topper, for those who might be interested, is easy to use and fits like a glove over the roof. It is good quality and, though I haven't seen the competitor products, the cali-topper was excellent.
I must admit I was a little uneasy at times with the force of the wind but this was being over-anxious as the topper performed perfectly throughout.
Other thoughts...
No problems putting it on, just check carefully underneath for any possible snags as the roof goes up and down.
Although one person could put it on, it was easier when my wife helped to drag it over the roof.
Taking it off the roof was easier, especially when wind assisted, but hang onto it in the wind!
We were careful to check for any sand/grit collected in the topper when folding it away and before putting it up in case any sand or grit abraded the roof. A quick shake and visual check is ample.
The cali topper slides easily into one of the folding chairs for storage, so it's no extra bulk.
Thanks again, a real necessity on this wild trip and, in that respect, a good value product.
Simon
Hi. We have a new van and looking at this - do you have this, as well as the insulation that goes on the inside? Trying to work out if need both, or either one is sufficient? Many thanks.