Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

REVIEW OF THE FIAMMA PRO BIKE RACK IN BLACK

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Here is a little video of us making up and fitting the fiamma pro bike rack first impressions are it is great quality and looks good.
it was easier to build than we made it look. enjoy.

Certainly better looking than the existing T6 Quasimodo bike rack. Nice video btw

It’s a very helpful video but I think the rack is pants. It looks like it’s made from assorted bits from B&Qs plumbing aisle.
I’m in the market (for the T5 versions) and went into the watch hoping to be impressed, but will be sticking with the VW rack. I don’t need the customisations that others may need for electric bikes and fat tyres but appreciate some will.

I can assure you it is well made fiamma have been making bike racks for many years the video made it look more complicated than it was due to us getting the sections in the wrong way round but thats just typical blokes not reading the instructions.

I can assure you it is well made fiamma have been making bike racks for many years the video made it look more complicated than it was due to us getting the sections in the wrong way round but thats just typical blokes not reading the instructions.
Oh I know that. My T5 came with a “full length” (down to the bumper) fiamma that was still fine after 13 years. My comment refers to the simple pipe that it appears to be made of, vs the custom extruded elongated oval form that vw use. It’s not difficult to see why the fiamma is cheaper.....it makes the vw look a bargain. The self assembly wouldn’t bother me but contrast that with the ready assembled vw rack which most dealers even fit for free.

I'm well impressed with ours for our 2 e-MTBs.
The only criticism I have, and what I changed before fitting, was the protection for the Cali's paintwork.
I used a thinner rubber strip under top mounts so that the profile of the plastic fits the contour of the top edge better. I also used the proper rubber edge protector strip for the lower clamp.
1572602823165.png
IMG_2030.jpeg

I think folks with darker vans may well go for a black one. I really like the look of it in black, the cost of powder coating a VW one is kind of prohibitive. Nice work chaps on the video very useful.