Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Revolut Bank Card

L

Lightning

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I’ve been using this card for all my spending in Europe for the past couple of months. There are no charges and the exchange rates match the inter bank rates. The App is excellent too.

Well worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed! Amazing for travelling, and for a low monthly fee (14€) you have, among other things, travel medical insurance, worldwide. And it works wonders.

Santander zero card, which i believe is no longer available

I kinda hope it is, as (eventually) got round to applying over the weekend, and have received email confirmation that application is being processed.
I am a Santander account holder, so it may be it’s now limited to existing account holders ?

I kinda hope it is, as (eventually) got round to applying over the weekend, and have received email confirmation that application is being processed.
I am a Santander account holder, so it may be it’s now limited to existing account holders ?
good

I still have my post office travel money card.

I use my post office credit card abroad for all my purchases.
Monzo to withdraw cash. Although that’s not very often. Do many trips completely cashless now.

The PO TMC is the multi-currency one you load up with an app and then pay in local currency, so no conversion charges etc.

Another for Halifax Clarity. Completely fee free and MasterCard not Visa so better exchange rates. As long as you pay if off at end of month of course.

I’ve been using Revolut for a couple of years in several countries. No other card comes close on exchange rate, and it’s free.

I use the WeSwap card as much better rate than any others I could find as you exchange funds with other users so you get virtually the wholesale rate !! The app is brilliant too as it updates every time you spend.

I've also been using Revolut in France and Spain for the last couple of years and also in New York earlier this year, great card wouldn't be without it.

Santander zero credit card is definitely available
No transaction fee in local currency
12 months interest free
Zero charge on cash withdrawals anywhere in the world.

good thread....thought I would add the Caxton card, which we have used worldwide cheaply for a number of years.

I've also been using Revolut in France and Spain for the last couple of years and also in New York earlier this year, great card wouldn't be without it.
Halifax clarity
Cheapest of all

Halifax clarity
Cheapest of all

Halifax clarity is credit card and charges interest on cash withdrawals from the day of withdraw & it uses an exchange rate ‘set by MasterCard’ whatever that may be.

Revolut is a travel money card and is MasterCard. It does not charge for cash withdrawals up to £200/ month and it uses the inter bank exchange rate. I don’t think you can improve on the revolut exchange rate?

They are slightly different models, but if you don’t need to borrow the money, revolut is better value I think.

It’s good there seem to be lots of options available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone used the Revolut card to buy fuel in France? Have read about cards overcharging (with refunds appearing much later) when used at French garages. We took cash last year but discovered most service stations were unmanned.

We found that unmanned stations have an issue with pre-authorisations on debit cards but not with credit cards which seem to be fine.

We found that unmanned stations have an issue with pre-authorisations on debit cards but not with credit cards which seem to be fine.
That's useful info, thanks. I was looking for a solution to try and avoid the high credit card charges when used abroad. But it's definitely worth knowing credit cards normally work when you're low on fuel!