Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RHD or LHD Drive Away Awning

RosscoPCole74

RosscoPCole74

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Do you have a RHD or a LHD drive away awning? We already have an LHD Kampa Touring Air drive away awning that we use with our T5.1 camper conversion. We are shortly hoping to buy a California Ocean and was wondering what set up everyone else has? Is there much benefit from having a RHD awning compared to a LHD one?
I'm going to keep saying this, but apologies for all the questions that may be obvious to yourselves, but not us.

Well you shouldn't really be driving an awning anyway... :)

I think the only difference is the way the entrance/exit faces if it's on the 'end' of the awning? The awning (from marketing images) is designed to face the same way as the vehicle, i.e. the entrance would be at the windscreen end.

We current use one with a 'side' entrance, so this doesn't matter, although we've just bought one that is presumably a RHD one, so the entrance will be facing the back of the vehicle (in theory the 'wrong' end) when we pitch it. I think for us this will actually work better since this makes it easier to get stuff from the boot and into the awning. But won't look like the brochure!

Back