Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ridgemonkey showing signs of wear on second use

Cali4nia-Dream

Cali4nia-Dream

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We got a Ridgemonkey from Amazon as everyone seemed to be out of stock.
It lives up to the hype regarding what it can cook and how clean it is, no smells etc.
But the coating on the outside has already worn through revealing the aluminium where it has tested on the pan supports.
Is this normal that the outside quickly looks battered?

It lives up to the hype regarding what it can cook and how clean it is, no smells etc.
But the coating on the outside has already worn through revealing the aluminium where it has tested on the pan supports.
We have had ours for 15 months, used a lot, still looks like new on the outside.

mine started looking a bit Ropey after first use with marking and fading (on the outside only though) doesn’t seem to have affected it since and I’ve used it a lot

Are you especially worried about the look of them? As long as the inside’s okay it’ll be fine. I have 2 of the old style toastie XL’s that get used over gas, fire and charcoal. Use them at home In the kitchen too. They look really ropey but the insides are still good. I have a newer version too that stays in the van permanently. Shouldn’t think that’ll keep it’s looks for long

Back