Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Road Tax - Corona

Tourists?In Shrewsbury?

I live outside Church Stretton, and I'm told the weekend before last the town was full of tourists who walked the hills then stripped our Co op of every scrap of food before going home.

I live outside Church Stretton, and I'm told the weekend before last the town was full of tourists who walked the hills then stripped our Co op of every scrap of food before going home.

Locusts! (But back in the day that would have been called "visitors contributing to the local economy".) :Grin

Fair enough Keith, apologies. I see that you are using the Ryanair destination location system.The Long Mynd is quite an attraction, pleasant area to live if it weren't for the tourists.

I picked up my dream California Beach a few months ago. I am twitching to tour in it, but realise that is now not likely possible, for many months, due to the Corona virus. Should I just SORN it now, as the Road tax is a whopping £1280?
Have sorn froM 1st April. £40+ Per month saved
Will re tax when normality returns

Just renewed Road Tax today, we are hopeful of some ‘opening up’ of lockdown and want to be ready.
Surprised to find when paper reminder quoted £465 for 12 months, on line actually has gone up to £475 Also find it a little disconcerting to see outline on V11 as ‘Diesel Car’ .... can’t anyone understand what. VW Cali is !!

Just renewed Road Tax today, we are hopeful of some ‘opening up’ of lockdown and want to be ready.
Surprised to find when paper reminder quoted £465 for 12 months, on line actually has gone up to £475 Also find it a little disconcerting to see outline on V11 as ‘Diesel Car’ .... can’t anyone understand what. VW Cali is !!
The California is classed the same as a Caravelle, rather than a Commercial vehicle as is the Transporter van and variants.

Yes but it still feels kind of weird to see it stated like that !

Gets it into car category for VED and speed limits. Vans 50 on single carriageways 60 on dual and 70 on motorways only.
VED is a negative especially now that the Motorhome vehicles have had the over £40K etc supplement removed but not Cali's.

Is the £475 if you pay with a credit card rather than debit?

Is the £475 if you pay with a credit card rather than debit?
When the Gov. brought in legislation to stop surcharges on credit card use DVLA also had to comply.

Current rate is £150 + £325 if taxed after 1st April 1917.

I know it’s 18 months ago but I’m surprised by the last post.
Just received my renewal notice Private/Light Goods (PLG), 1968 CC - £280

Last edited:
And what its registered as -if its MPV you pay the extra £325

T6 - T6.1 basically any of 3 VED rates can apply which all depend on what the DVLA decided on at registration time.

only sure way to know is what applies on the individual vehicles V5 document.

T6 - T6.1 basically any of 3 VED rates can apply which all depend on what the DVLA decided on at registration time.

only sure way to know is what applies on the individual vehicles V5 document.
Is DVLA inconsistent on this then? What’s the cost delta?

car tax level rate then put into the +£40K level followed by commercial vehicle rates.
May revert back up as search for tax income commences due to both Covid and low electric vehicle/fuel income.
Commercial vehicle rate is the lowest.

Mine is registered as “Motor Caravan” but at the higher rate due to £40+ tax at the time of reg.