Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roaming cost (data allowance) - best offer

Not had any problems so far in Scandinavia or Australia and USA.

Just a reminder to everyone not to use your mobile data on a ferry at any point, port or otherwise!

You end up paying maritime rates £6 per Mb through your own provider.
That's interesting, I wonder how it knows you're on a ferry. I live in Kent and often visit the coast with no intention of nipping across but I sometimes get a message on my phone welcoming me to France!

That's interesting, I wonder how it knows you're on a ferry. I live in Kent and often visit the coast with no intention of nipping across but I sometimes get a message on my phone welcoming me to France!
I believe that the ferries have their own phone masts, limited range. Once your inside your phone instantly picks the strongest signal.

Unwittingly my phone downloaded a photo I was sent, my BT account sent me a warning that I had used my credit (£5)
My French eSim sent me a bill for 60€.

I believe that the ferries have their own phone masts, limited range. Once your inside your phone instantly picks the strongest signal.

Unwittingly my phone downloaded a photo I was sent, my BT account sent me a warning that I had used my credit (£5)
My French eSim sent me a bill for 60€.
Thanks. I must have got lucky on previous crossings as I've never been charged anything excessive but I'll definitely watch-out for this in future.

EU data roaming is not covered on ferries. Just turn off roaming once you are on ships.

Popit at 10 GB for £13 v ID with 20gb for £7. Both unlimited calles and texts. ID have free EU roaming not sure about Popit.
ID do have free roaming, but unlike Popit have a fair usage limit. So for example, if you have 20gb for £7 a month, you can only use 5.4gb in Europe before you start paying charges. And even if you opted for 200GB per month at £16, you could only use just over 12GB in Europe.With Popit, you can use your entire allowance in the EU. In any case, the OP said he wanted +/-80gb, so the £7 plan wouldn't be enough.

Back