Roaming

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Word of warning.
If you are in France, possibly Germany and Italy as well, and are near Switzerland your phone may be picking up a Swiss network. This obviously means roaming is charged at some high rate rather than your normal UK/EU rate.
Happened to us last night parked on the French (south) side of Lake Geneva and has also happened in the past to my daughter.

Happend to me before in France on the Brittany coast ....picked up UK network that was much more expencive than the French.

Now a days for us roaming coasts are no more so don't bother anymore...but think Swiss is not included

Word of warning.
If you are in France, possibly Germany and Italy as well, and are near Switzerland your phone may be picking up a Swiss network. This obviously means roaming is charged at some high rate rather than your normal UK/EU rate.
Happened to us last night parked on the French (south) side of Lake Geneva and has also happened in the past to my daughter.
That's why we tie are phones to a 3 MiFi when on the Continent. All European countries included, including the Non- EU, i.e.: Switzerland and Norway etc.

That's why we tie are phones to a 3 MiFi when on the Continent. All European countries included, including the Non- EU, i.e.: Switzerland and Norway etc.
I have a pay as you go 3 data SIM but their prices seem to have gone up over the last twelve months. Currently £40 for 12GB (Valid for twelve months) seems quite expensive to me. Are you aware of any deals?

I have a pay as you go 3 data SIM but their prices seem to have gone up over the last twelve months. Currently £40 for 12GB (Valid for twelve months) seems quite expensive to me. Are you aware of any deals?

Hmmm! Posted a link but showing now unavailable.
I'll have another look

Something odd when I post the link.

Go to Amazon U.K. Search for three and 12gb

Should be £32.84
Mike

Last edited:
If you have an iPhone go to Settings, Carrier and uncheck Automatic the phone will search available networks and you then choose manually from the list. You can then choose a French, German or Italian network provider rather than a Swiss one.

Back