Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roll-out awning

S

scrvan

VIP Member
HI I'm new to the forum but have had my '06 Cali for 3 years although minimal use the last 2. Does anyone know how and where in the South I can get a roll-out awning fitted. Already have the slide in connector which I use for walk away awning. I would just like a quick and easy awning for short stops, rain or sun.

You could try Bilbos at Godstone near Sevenoaks. They do their own conversions and we got both our previous Westie and our new (oh joy!) Calie from them. Very good people with a good customer care approach. We've got a Fiamma blind which they fitted.

David

We ordered this awning a couple of months ago. Arrived two days later. Brackets fit California so took about an hour for me and my husband to fit. If I remember you need a star key/screw driver which wasnt included but we had in tool box. All that is required is to remove the black rubber awning strip, (which is now on other side of van) lift the roof, and slot brackets in place. When you lift the roof you should see two flat rectangular plates with a couple of bolts in them, one towards the rear and one near sliding door. Take out the nuts and bolts (think there are two in each) slot the brackets on and replace bolts. Then its a two person job to slide awning on. It appeared to us that the brackets were out by a few mil, but with a gentle push it slotted into place fine. Just read instructions carefully which are very good, and take time alternating tightening the bolts up and it's a very easy job.
We have a silver Cali and the colour match is brilliant.

Plus it's only £429 from:

http://www.leisureoutlet.com/caravans-a ... wning.html

Or you could go for one of these. £50 but nowhere near as good/sturdy.

http://+++++++++++++++++++++++/product. ... 495&cat=12

Jenny.

Jenny.

Hi scrvan, hi Jenny.
Welcome to the club and the forum.
Luke