Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rome thief

E

Elstob67

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We made it down to Rome, parked up for couple of days and got rear window smashed and suitcases full of clothes stolen.8A765144-87AE-4CAB-B662-561032D2A1CA.png

Oh no, that’s awful. Sorry to hear that. Are you able to get window fixed?

sorry to hear that. Hope your insurance will cover. Well, you are safe, your Cali is fine. The glass can be replaced. Hope you get it sorted soon and it becomes a distant memory very soon. Continue to enjoy your travels.

It is partly why I leave the bike rack on the back.

I also have dash cam on rear window should anyone start to interfere.

Was the alarm activated?

So sorry to hear that, hope it doesn’t spoil your trip too much.

We are having a great trip , managed to get a police report after few days trying . No window replaced yet. Vw assist does not cover this.
Camping near Venice at the moment.
May be get it sorted at a VW repair when we leave hear and head towards Germany.
Lots of VW camper and caravelle, mainly from Germany .

Oh somehow the alarm wasn’t activated so not sure how no alarm and it was in locked from braking the rear window.

Oh somehow the alarm wasn’t activated so not sure how no alarm and it was in locked from braking the rear window.
If you have the button pressed on pillar behind drivers seat (for sleeping / leaving dogs or people in van) then the motion detector is off. So I assume in that situation, glass breaking will also not trigger an alarm...