Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof aerial damage?

M

McDee22

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Anyone know how this could have happened to my roof aerial and how to fix it? I’m sure it wasn’t always like this but no idea when or how it occurred…

It’s just the rubber seal so assuming it can be pushed back into place but haven’t tried yet.

9BE36354-84A9-4FBA-938D-344AD7FF55BA.jpeg

Anyone know how this could have happened to my roof aerial and how to fix it? I’m sure it wasn’t always like this but no idea when or how it occurred…

It’s just the rubber seal so assuming it can be pushed back into place but haven’t tried yet.

View attachment 104707
Low branch?

Possibly using a thin plastic spatula or a trim tool (with no sharp edges) working from the side with silicone lube or vaseline on the area first.

Patience and care needed.

As no scratch marks the cause will remain a mystery.

View attachment 104707
There is impact damage towards the centre of both the rubber and a slight nick in the antenna itself, possible bird strike ie beak.

Possibly using a thin plastic spatula or a trim tool (with no sharp edges) working from the side with silicone lube or vaseline on the area first.

Patience and care needed.

As no scratch marks the cause will remain a mystery.
I use old credit cards cut as required to make small thin spatulas.

Back