Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof bellows bungee

B

Brianandjoy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
can anyone give us the pros and cons of the roof bellows bungees sold in the forum shop,don’t know whether to get one or not when our roof tear is fixed or to just rely on my wife or I checking from the outside.Does it wear on the roof fabric in windy conditions or stop it going up properly

can anyone give us the pros and cons of the roof bellows bungees sold in the forum shop,don’t know whether to get one or not when our roof tear is fixed or to just rely on my wife or I checking from the outside.Does it wear on the roof fabric in windy conditions or stop it going up properly

I had one on for about three years on my previous vehicle without it having any negative effect on the bellows. It did however make a determined attempt to knock my teeth out when I was fitting it and one end slipped out of my hand just as I was about to clip the two ends together :sad Mine was the only bungee around for months that had one end clip coloured an appealing shade of Max Factor 40 lippy :shocked

I do not have one on my present vehicle. 59 nights , probably about 100 roof lowers, nothing beats mark one eyeball. The only time that I have pinched the fabric was with a bungee fitted but eyeball undeployed.

I have used on since they 1st appeared on the forum. At the time before it's appearance there were always posts about catching ones canvas in the scissor's. Many saying they had checked the roof to the letter - of door open, checking etc etc. Extreme damage ripples in the roof as well as a cut tent. The use of the cord pulls the canvas in but you need to following roof closure best practise as in some conditions as other's have said it can fail. We had one close shave at New England Bay Scotland with a good offshore wind following best practise with a bunngee in situ.

I Have one on my beach it helps and for £10 why wouldn't you. even more important on a electric roof

I Have one on my beach it helps and for £10 why wouldn't you. even more important on a electric roof

I have one for my Beach but removed it after first use, it increases the risk of catching the bellows' fabric in the fastening clips. I once had a rear hinge reverse and that may not have happened if I had the bungee deployed, but overall I think the bungee increases the risk of fabric damage on a Beach.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I have never needed one in almost 12 yrs of ownership.
Visual checks are enough for me.
I also don´t like the look of them.

How many more time are we going to have this conversation??

How many more time are we going to have this conversation??

As long people don't take the time to read the forum and just keep posting the same Q's over and over again....

I have one on my Beach, it has saved my bacon a few times in windy weather, you have to realise it is just an aid, you still need to be careful when bringing roof down

I can’t see the point of the bellows bungee really. Like it has been stated the Mk 1 eyeball always works a treat for me. I just have a quick look upstairs during lowering and Bobs your uncle.

Last edited:
I can’t see the point of the bellows bungee really. Like it gas been stated the Mk 1 eyeball always works a treat for me. I just have a quick look upstairs during lowering and Bobs your uncle.

That was always by view on the bungee, until two weeks ago :headbang:headbang

Hi
Thanks to forum members for pointers towards the Bungee and for tips for fitting.
Got mine in place now, though found a small nick in the canvas towards the rear when fitting it :(.
I reckon it can only help to keep the canvas in the correct place.