Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Bellows Damage Info Required

topspan

topspan

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Does anyone have any experience of canvas roof bellows damage. Looking at a 2014 Cali and it has a hole in the front corner of the bellows, what could cause this?, could it be long exposure to strong sunlight?.
How long would you expect the canvas to last if used for long periods of exposure to the sun in places like Southern France.
Anyone know the price of new bellows fitted?.

Does anyone have any experience of canvas roof bellows damage. Looking at a 2014 Cali and it has a hole in the front corner of the bellows, what could cause this?, could it be long exposure to strong sunlight?.
How long would you expect the canvas to last if used for long periods of exposure to the sun in places like Southern France.

Do you have a photo of the damage?

The price of a new bellows seems to vary from dealer to dealer, anything from £650-£1,000

I have the same on the Front Lower L corner. This is a point of maximum tension with the roof up. Have used mine a lot in Italy and Southern France, But I don’t think it’s due to the sun, just tension. Fixed mine with TearAid on the External and Internal surface a year ago, still going strong.

Thanks for the price info.
Sorry don't have a picture of the damage, it was more like as if the material had been pulled apart as apposed to a jagged tear. the hole was on the n\s corner about 10-12" up from the bottom.
John

Thanks for the price info.
Sorry don't have a picture of the damage, it was more like as if the material had been pulled apart as apposed to a jagged tear. the hole was on the n\s corner about 10-12" up from the bottom.
John
Thanks Welsh Gas,
The salesman at the garage did say it would be seen to before being sold, but not how. Be nice if they fitted a new bellows but I suspect it would be a repair.

Back