Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof bellows don't look right after VW warranty repair

Y

Yelekreb

Guest User
Hi, wanted to consult the collective wisdom of the forum.

In summary roof corrosion repaired under warranty by VW Sinclair in Swansea. The front panel had already been done, so they were apparently able to do it.

I raised the roof today to check it all out. The bellows look wrong to me - pulling in one corner. Do you concur?

Some pictures attached.

I will be speaking with VW Sinclair Swansea on Monday morning.

IMG_3536 (1).jpg IMG_3537 (1).jpg IMG_3540 (1).jpg

Hi, Looks like they have fitted the canvas twisted :crazy

Definately needs to go back to get done properly, can't believe they would disagree.

I would agree - that looks very wrong and would take it back straight away!

+1 for a cock up

Really wrong, and disappointing they would even return the vehicle like that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesC said:
Really wrong, and disappointing they would even return the vehicle like that!!

But quite typical vw van dealer behaviour in my experience..

The top edge looks like its positioned correctly but the bottom edge rotated clockwise a couple of inches. This is based on looking at the middle picture and where the seams are relative to the corner of the roof & bed.
Were these new bellows or the existing ones re-fitted? Can the bellows be re-fitted even I wonder. In the factory video posted recently there was a short section of the bellows being fitted by VW, The factory worker was doing it with the roof half open and hammering the bottom edge into the channel, had some sort of wooden block I think as well to protect the edge.

What sort of organisation would send that out and think it was acceptable?

Answer-Volkswagan :shocked

My Cali is going back to be corrected. To be fair to VW Sinclair Swansea, they are very apologetic - as they should be. They also will be removing the oily handprints left as well. I must admit I'm slightly shocked that something so basic has been missed!

I will keep you posted, but thank you for the confirmation that I was correct!

Yelekreb

I would be asking for some form of goodwill to cover the expense and time wasted from excess travel.

Sinclair have caused me no end of hassle! Never again.

Yelekreb said:
My Cali is going back to be corrected. To be fair to VW Sinclair Swansea, they are very apologetic - as they should be. They also will be removing the oily handprints left as well. I must admit I'm slightly shocked that something so basic has been missed!

I will keep you posted, but thank you for the confirmation that I was correct!

Yelekreb

Plese keep us updated.

I almost cried for you when I saw those pics. What sort of idiots release a vehicle looking like that? It is your pride and joy. Those bloody numbnuts have no right returning a vehicle with such a glaring distortion. Totally absolutely disgraceful.

Cali back to VW Sinclair today - took one look at my pictures and said 'that never should have been released....where was the quality control'.

I spotted more oily had prints on the liner too, picture attached...grrgghhh!

IMG_3554.jpg

Where's the quality control again?
What a load of incompetent halfwits.
:headbang This is how you must be feeling.
Feel your frustration.

Yelekreb said:
Cali back to VW Sinclair today - took one look at my pictures and said 'that never should have been released....where was the quality control'.

You may want to drop them an email with the URL for this thread on it.

It might do a few dealers a little bit of good to know that their shockingly incompetent disregard and contempt for a customers vehicle is being discussed in an open forum with a hugely wide readership .

COWBOYS

would not like to trust them with an oil change

wrong, should look tight without wrinkles.

Yelekreb said:

I spotted more oily had prints on the liner too, picture attached...grrgghhh!

I would be FUMING, steam coming from ears and nostrils. I'd be livid. How could they do that? :headbang

And some people think I am mad to do all my own maintenance /repair work...

Does anyone have access to the VW instruction sent out to dealers on how to fit a new Bellows?

I've searched the site particularly the Download area with the Technical Guides but can't find anything.

Back