Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof child net.

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
New 2023 California 4 motion. Roof has new thicker canvas material. The vehicle also comes with a child safety net which is attached to upper bed if needed (as per my previous T5). However I noted 2 other T6.1s Californias in the showroom which had a different arrangement in the roof for a child safety net. It consisted of a small rail each side of roof and a small net net slung between them which can remain in place. Wondering what fitting other new 6.1 owners have. The dealer couldnt really explain why the difference and I’ve asked him to explore fitting one on my new vehicle. I’d be interested to hear anyone’s knowledge of this new fitting and wondered why it’s not on my 2023 model - dealer suggested it’s an optional extra? Not convinced.

New 2023 California 4 motion. Roof has new thicker canvas material. The vehicle also comes with a child safety net which is attached to upper bed if needed (as per my previous T5). However I noted 2 other T6.1s Californias in the showroom which had a different arrangement in the roof for a child safety net. It consisted of a small rail each side of roof and a small net net slung between them which can remain in place. Wondering what fitting other new 6.1 owners have. The dealer couldnt really explain why the difference and I’ve asked him to explore fitting one on my new vehicle. I’d be interested to hear anyone’s knowledge of this new fitting and wondered why it’s not on my 2023 model - dealer suggested it’s an optional extra? Not convinced.
The net between rails is only a storage net and not an alternative child net and was part of an upgrade that included an additional small drawer under the rear bench. (Although I am note sure if they are linked on the T6.1)

A

Agree, the two bars & small net are part of the storage pack. If ordered you still get the child safety net as well.

The small net can easily be slid out the way to let kids fall through the hatch so it’s not suitable as a safety device.

Thank you so much for these replies. Really helpful and answered my query.

Thinking of removing the storage net as gets in the way. Also will be selling the child net as came as part of the storage pack and only wanted the extra draw in the seat but had to have the child net as well.

As all say - two different things. We removed the small "bits and bobs" net as it just got in the way - unscrewed the rail and slid off. The safety net is in the garage and I cant imagine we'll even use it.

Last edited:
Thinking of removing the storage net as gets in the way. Also will be selling the child net as came as part of the storage pack and only wanted the extra draw in the seat but had to have the child net as well.
You’ve got that round the wrong way. The child net comes as standard, the storage net comes with the draw.

We removed the storage net. Agree that it just gets in the way.

Hi there, did you sell the storage net ? If not could I buy it ?

Back