Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof corrosion on an importem

richv

richv

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have been watching the forums with interest On this issue an hope I haven't missed this particular issue being addressed elsewhere.

We raised the roof corrosion on our 4 year old Cali with our local garage and were told they would get back to us when a solution had been identified. Three months later we are invited to get the corrosion assessed and so that we can be approved or not and repaired or not. Got the corrosion assessed at VW approved dealer and were told to wait for contact from VW. Not great so far. But not the end of the world.

After a quick call to VWCS to chivvy things along we were told that because our Cali was bought in Austria and imported into the UK it was not VWUKs problem. We would need to raise the issue with VW Austria! can you imagine the hassle this will be. Has anyone got experience of this? I am far from keen on a 14 hour drive....

If VWUK are not interested/unwilling to help, then I suggest contact with your local trading standards as I have no doubt that EU law will cover your corrosion problem. I would also suggest a strongly worded letter to VW in Germany and ask them to get VWUK to deal with this known EUROPE wide problem. One other thing to consider is if you used a uk credit card to purchase the vehicle (even if only for part payment) you may have a claim with them.

An update incase anyone else is in a similar boat. After a bit of pushing past the initial customer services folks my case has been picked up and vw have agreed to treat my import like any UK purchased vehicle. So far so good

Good news richv, you may will soon be joining a very long queue!