Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Damage To VW T5 repaired under VW Warranty?

A

Alan Gardner

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I would be interested to hear from fellow members who have experienced damage to roof panel/roof fabric bellows and repairs been carried out under VW Warranty? Thanks.

Have you read the mega tread on the roof corrision ?

I read the original post as damage to roof and bellows being repaired under warranty rather that a corrosion repair.

Alan if you are asking re roof and damage to bellows due to roof being closed on bellows my understanding VW see this as user error and not covered under warranty unless there is a fault in the roof struts causing the damage.
But I Check out with your dealer

I would be interested to hear from fellow members who have experienced damage to roof panel/roof fabric bellows and repairs been carried out under VW Warranty? Thanks.
Hi Alan, Glad you've popped back in. Worth having a read as this is a great forum and there is loads of useful advice on hand. I appreciate you may not have got the answer you wanted on your first post and probably not on this one either.
I agree with Meoncoast and suspect the answer you would get is user error. Worth a try though!

Mike

If anyone did a repair under warrenty on a random product and it came back with a fault/damage that was not there before it went in repair....what do you do ?

Thesame answer should count for your Q above.

@Alan Gardner , my mistake if you are referring to canvas trapped in the scissors , i was thinking your post was regarding repair done to the roof corrosion (changing the roof canvas ) and your Cali came back with other default....
Can you explain some more?

If by damage you mean closing the roof and trapping the bellows then no chance, that is down to user error.

It is a tough learning curve. When it happened to me I wanted to cry but the harbour master at Cruden bay was looking at me so I fixed on a very English stiff upper lip :shocked

No substitute for the mark one eyeball and slipping out of the seat a couple of times whilst lowering.

By way of consolation normally the bump in the roof ceases to catch the eye after a while and small tears in the fabric are mostly cosmetic or can be fixed by a couple of inches of first aid tape.

Yep, user error for sure, it's like blaming VW if you open your drivers door on to a lamppost saying the door opens too far.

Back