Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Dent

TimR

TimR

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I noticed there is a small dent in the side of my roof that wasnt there earlier this week. The roof has been used but have checked and there is no sign of anything on or under the mattress, nothing in the roof channel and bellows haven't been snagged. Mystery! I am at a loss as to what may have caused this. I don't mind paying to get it fixed but would like to know if anyone knows the cause so I can prevent it happening again. Cheers

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

Occasionally my roof, for no obvious reason, doesn't come down perfectly symmetrically
Could it have come down wonky and hit part of the scissor mechanism??
Just a wild guess, as it does seem so odd if nothing was in there. And it can't have been anything squishy, and even if firm it would have sank into the mattress

That looks very much like a bellows caught in mechanism crease, I would double check the canvas if I was you. It might just be a small pin hole.

Sent using Tapatalk

There wasn't a Firework Rocket nearby was there? Just a thought!

Had one car roof dented by a firework some years ago. The California now gets parked undercover at this time of year. Fortunately this year we have only had "Official Fireworks" at the local rugby club which are out of range.

This looks like a classic dent coming from the canvas getting caught in the scissors. I had the luck that my garage did it on my old cali …

IMG_3543.JPG IMG_3541.JPG

Looks almost exact like the dent on my roof witch got there when closing the roof and the canvas popt out and got caught in the mechanism.
Realy looks thesame!
Either you had the canvas in the mechanism or something was in the roof gutter when the roof was lowerd.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. I'll check the canvas again tomorrow. Cheers